Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Starting over AND getting a student !!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have 11k hands on pokertracker at 10nl, at 5.81BB/100. I play a LAGish style, (46.64, 17.24, 2.45). I’m trying to get the most out of pokertracker at the moment and it would be great to have somebody explain it and point out leaks in my game, etc. I took a shot at 20nl, ran at -19.11 BB/100 over 500 hands and dropped back down.

[/ QUOTE ]
This part stood out for me in your post, just a reminder that 46/17/2ish is not lag thats a tag who's limping to much.

My stats of 25/23/3 or so is closer to laggish. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok; like I said I'm still trying to learn how to use PokerTracker. My auto rate system (can't remember where I got it from now) put me under LA.

I make a conscious effort not to limp, I think I must be misplaying the blinds. From all others postions my PFR is over half of my VPIP.

Thanks for responding.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:09 PM

Hi Freelancer!
Very nice of you do to this!

1.What site do you play?
I have accounts at InterPoker , BetSafe , SuntPoker , Party Poker(I'll deposit there in a few days)
Main bankroll(1500$) is at BetSafe(Cryptologic).They have a nice bonus so I'll take a shot at it

2. What limits do you play?
I play 25NL.

3. Experience?
About 4000-5000 SNGS
2-3 top 3 finishes in the SNG leardboars at Betfair Poker(stakes <10$)
Won a BAPT(Betfair Asia Poker Tour) package for 8000$ but I sold that
At 25NL only 6000-7000 hands

4. Goals with poker
Have a good understanding of the game(cash) and move up in stakes .
I don't have a $$$ goal.I just want to play well,understand more things that people talk in Small Stakes forum and move up.
I've finished with school and until may I have a lot of time to dedicate to poker.And after that a lot more ...
Old 02-22-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jetsetboy:

i need some FR pointers. i'll teach u some 6-max stuff, maybe a some kinda swap deal

others:

this is a great opportunity for you all. freelancer is a good player and i'd estimate that if u work seriously and put in the hours, the coaching is worth several thousands of dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deal ! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM

1) What site do you play?
FullTilt currently. But I have accounts on all the major sites.

2) What limits do you play?
Mostly 50NL. I went on quite the streak the past couple weeks and won a bit of money but I have terrible bankroll management. I plan on moving down to 25NL, today actually, with a set bankroll so I can chart my progress

3) Experience?
About 1 year off and on. Im basically dirt poor right now because of...how do you say...complications with my ex-girlfriend? I moved from Colorado to Cali in July with 3 boxes, the clothes on my back and a mountain of debt and poker was the least of my concerns. Recently I've started to get back off my feet and with my extra money I've been making pretty good strides in my poker career and have been playing pretty much every day, 2-8 hours, for the past month.

4) Goals with poker (for instance what limits are you trying to reach)?
Hopefully with solid bankroll management I plan to move up to the 200NL within 6 months. When I moved back to Cali I told myself I was going to get my [censored] together so that I could enter 1 event at the WSOP and that is still my goal. I take online poker very seriously but with all the legislation I mostly consider it practice for the B&M which I evnetually hope to frequent daily.

5) My drive.
I have alot of drive. A true student. I think poker is a fascinating game and I want to learn all there is to know about it. I've read a couple of the classics (Theory, Super System etc.) many, many times but could never quite grasp exactly what they were saying. When my roommate came to me one day and told me he wanted to learn how to play I jumped on the opportunity. I taught him everything I knew and it helped me immensely. I went back and read those books again and I found out that after teaching him some of the concepts that I actually finally began to understand them myself. I remember reading through super system one day and I was blown away that I not only understood the concepts he was explaining but I was applying them to my game. My game did a total 180 since then and I went from a loser/breakeven to a winning player.

6) I am considering posting some of our conversations...
sounds good to me

7)Things I need to improve on.
Im adding this category because I think if you're going to teach somebody they need to identify their weaknesses.

Mostly what I need to improve on is trusting myself and being able to lay down a losing hand...These two go hand in hand if you ask me. There are many times where I KNOW im beat and yet I call anyways. One of the toughest things to do for an aspiring poker player is to lay down big hands that are clearly beat. Again, im getting better but I know I still need work.

Bankroll management is another thing im currently working to improve by logging hours played/win rate etc. And also setting limits for myself. I will frequently get up big but not quit because I just love to play and im willing to risk breaking even for 2 more hours of hands. I know that isnt the formula for a winning player though and that prevents me from moving up in limits.

Alright thats about it.
Thanks for the time,
Nick Jenkins
Old 02-22-2007, 04:15 PM

Panic_NL:

I enjoyed reading your post and am impressed by your resolve.
GL in your poker career - I am sure you will do well!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:24 PM

Awww man this would be sweet since i recently started playing again and would love to have someone to help me get back in, but I plan on starting at $10NL once I actually play. I'm currently trying to play from $0 but if that doesnt work i'll pop $100 on FT.

But anyway.

1. FT, or PokerStars.

2. 10NL.

3. Some SnG, very little MTT, and I went from 10NL to 20NL to 25NL to 50NL, then quit because I was very frustrated with the way I was playing.

4. I want to be able to comfortably play at about 200NL or better, and would like to build a bankroll big enough to play live a well.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:26 PM

) What site do you play?
UB and Stars

50NL and 100NL (6max on both). I just took 2 months off withdrew all of my $$. Just deposited $500 last week now up to 1.1k and looking up and beyond at 50NL.

3) Experience? 3 years playing a lot then none (say 10K hands a week for months then none for months)

Have a nice side hobby and cash flow. I plan on opening a business in the next year or so but in the next 5 months plan on playing fulltime. NL200 or NL400. I dont plan on making this my life savings account as other investments in the real world are a bit more stable... so BR would limit my level.
5) My drive is why Im here posting. I constantly am trying to improve, learn, and expand my poker knowledge.

I am a fairly experienced winning player (not as much as I'd like) and I hope a coach like this would benefit both of us.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:29 PM

dear sir, pick me

1) partay bitches
2) 100nl - ive been stuck there way too long
3) played for 3 months. 60K hands/month
4) 1knl would be nice, although id settle for 400nl
5) yeh i listen
6) yeh ok

i know im 100nl, but at party that doesnt really mean a whole lot. ive been tryin to move up to 200nl for 2 months now, and nothing is working. so basically yeh, ur coaching would be really good for me coz ive only been playing for like 3 months and ive got lots of leaks in my game

ty [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody who is interested in being my student please post in this thread the following;
3) Experience?
5) You need a drive to improve, this is WAY more important than your current skill level. I don't mind to explain everything twice as long as you listen and try to understand and build this into your game. If this doesn't work out the way I want, I will take up a different student (this is a last resort type of thing).
6) I am considering posting some of our conversations here in uNL and ssnl if they contain a good discussion, if you guys are interested in this anyway. Hmmm actually this might make a good pooh bah post where I basically record my students progress and the pitfalls we experience together.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Ultimate Bet/FT/Stars---UB right now
2) Currently NL25 6max, NL50 shortly
3) NL50 6max since October 2006, NL100 for a couple weeks in Dec., played full ring for over a year and 1/2----I've cashed out a bunch to pay for school and had a huge losing weekend at NL50 that sent me to NL25. I shouldn't be too difficult to coach (cut down my stupid high-variance plays and stop tilt) and make me stop turning my hands with showdown into bluffs.
4) Wanna reach NL100 ASAP, pwn them and grind it out at NL200
Old 02-22-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3) Experience?
5) You need a drive to improve, this is WAY more important than your current skill level. I don't mind to explain everything twice as long as you listen and try to understand and build this into your game. If this doesn't work out the way I want, I will take up a different student (this is a last resort type of thing).
6) I am considering posting some of our conversations here in uNL and ssnl if they contain a good discussion, if you guys are interested in this anyway. Hmmm actually this might make a good pooh bah post where I basically record my students progress and the pitfalls we experience together.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) ftp
2) 50NL mostly, shots at 100NL

3) Played limit for a long time, this summer I got sick of 2/4- 3/6 limit, started playing 25NL in party, moved up to 50NL and played 100NL (rolled for from limit experience) when I felt like it. Cashed out, moved to filltilt with a $600 br, played some 50NL with failed attempts at 100NL.

4) Get better, play higher games and win at these games (as fast as possible). I dont depend on poker to eat or pay rent, so I just want to improve as much as possible and be a winner in tougher games. Making $ is also good, but I'd rather play tougher games and improve than zombie-12-table 50NL, even if that means a lower win-rate.

5) sounds good

6) ok
Closed Thread