Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Who\'s Going Home This Week? Contest Wk1

Granny - yeah makes sense. Just kind of surprised. Always thought Sabrina had a v. good voice (though yeah didn't seem to really stand out pre-performance).

-Al
Old 02-22-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Granny - yeah makes sense. Just kind of surprised. Always thought Sabrina had a v. good voice (though yeah didn't seem to really stand out pre-performance).

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I think once some people started picking her others just jumped on the bandwagon. Not many of the girls stood out so one name was just = to any other, Sabrina seemed as good a pick as any to go home. I almost changed my Alaina pick but I'm glad I didn't.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you indeed need to determine a tie-breaker, but there can only be one prize winner..

weekly winners must have all picks correct for the week (must be 4 for 4 next few weeks, then 2 for 2 later weeks. there will be no prize awarded for 3 for 4)
the tie-breaker should always be the person who made the prediction first (by time stamp)

the overall prize package can be determined by total correct individual guesses for the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

These rules are very weird. First, if anyone has already posted your four picks, you don't really have an incentive to pick the ones you think are going to go. This will be even more pronounced later in the season when they're only eliminating one at a time. Also the time race I think will lead to less interesting predictions, since I can make a snap judgment about next week right now. I think it's more fun to simmer on it all week, catch the media, markets, people's reactions, etc, and then make a prediction just before showtime.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ill say.....

1. Paul Kim
2. Rudy Cardenas

1. Sabrina Sloan
2. Nicole Tranquillo

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOh 3 of 4 eliminations correct before hearing a single note! Was a bit off on Sabrina though :O
Old 02-23-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you indeed need to determine a tie-breaker, but there can only be one prize winner..

weekly winners must have all picks correct for the week (must be 4 for 4 next few weeks, then 2 for 2 later weeks. there will be no prize awarded for 3 for 4)
the tie-breaker should always be the person who made the prediction first (by time stamp)

the overall prize package can be determined by total correct individual guesses for the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like these suggestions, and will add them to the rules list next week, unless are widespread objections and better ideas come out.

One problem with the time-stamp tie-breaker is that the weekly thread might not be up at the same time each week, but I guess anyone with an early entry can post it in the previous week's thread if they want to beat out the other guys.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 PM

*** Week 1 Results ***

Eliminated:
Rudy Cardenas, Paul Kim, Nicole Tranquillo, Amy Krebs

CONTESTANT - #CORRECT
curtains - 3
CieloAzur - 2
ImBen - 2
mynamewastaken - 2
Yo Respek - 2
fighting coward - 1
JiggyMike - 1
NoChance - 1
pete fabrizio - 1
busguy - 0
soflat - 0

-----------------
By the way, if you want to get your entry in for next week before the Wk2 thread is up, go ahead and post it here. I'll just copy the entries to the new thread when it's started.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:04 PM

Week 2 eliminations:

Boys:

1. Nicholas Pedro
2. Jared Cotter (this is a tough one, personally I think AJ Tablado is very underrated and could possibly gather some steam). Jared's song choice in week 1 was so ridiculous and stupid that I can't trust him. I mean cmon youve gotten no cameratime and you come out singing a very cookie cutter version of a Brian McKnight song that no one is going to get excited about, and anyone with any brains could have told him this.

Girls:

1. Alaina Alexander
2. Leslie Hunt (I like her, but she can only do so much unfortunately. It was between her and another girl for this selection.)
Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 PM

Dah, those are my choices too.

I'll change it up a bit:

Boys
1. Nick Pedro
2. Phil Stacey

Girls
1. Leslie Hunt
2. Sabrina Sloan