Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Guys, never let your girl win at cards

So one night last week while my GF was out here visiting, we were playing cards and drinking a little wine. We we're both pretty buzzed, but I don't think that has any bearing on the story. Anyway, we were playing NL hold em, and since my GF has never played before and I've been playing for about 5 years, I was totally kicking her ass. At one point she got up to go to the bathroom, and while she was gone I decided to stack the deck so that she would get dealt AA and I would get dealt KK. I felt kinda bad that she was losing so much and I thought she wasn't having fun, so I thought this would be a good idea. She comes back, the hand plays out and she ends up taking a huge chunk of my chips. She seemed happy. The game ends shortly after that.

Fast forward to a few nights.

She's back home in Vegas we're talking on the phone. For some reason I decide that I should tell her that I stacked the deck on that hand so that she would win. I don't know why, I thought she would think it was funny and maybe I just needed to confess. HUGE MISTAKE. She gets big time pissed and is like "Why would you do that!!" The next day I call her and ask her why she's so pissed about it. She tells me she was just having fun playing the game and that she didn't need me to do that in order for her to enjoy it. I ask her why she's making such a big deal out of this and she gets even more pissed. She's like "Why are you telling me this is not a big deal!? Why are you saying my feelings don't matter!?" I'm genuinely confused as hell. I guess I can see her being a little irked, but it just seems like she is making a mountain out of a molehill. She said it would be a while before she could trust me again. Trust me??? It was a f'ing card game, it's not like I slept w/ her best friend.

Anyway, she hasn't called me in 2 days. We usually talk every night before going to bed.

What should I do here? Wait for her to call me, or do I call her and apologize for the 10th time for this grave sin I've committed? Is she making too big a deal out of this or does she have the right to be so pissed?