Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Gap \"Left Weave\" Jeans

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate stuff from GAP because I'm not necessarily trying to look like everyone else between 25-45 years of age. Also, the few things I've had from GAP have sucked in quality. Pay for something better, it will last longer. GAP doesn't even sell their good stuff in GAP, it goes to Banana Republic. I think they sew the dildo in the seat there free, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have lots of clothes from the Gap and they have all lasted fine, especially the jeans. I don't see how jeans can really be of poor quality, denim is a pretty tough material.

As for all of Gap's good stuff not going to Gap, um, wtf? That is a pretty stupid analogy. Does all of Structure's good stuff go to Express because they're both owned by Limited Brands? No, they're different stores.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is possible to have [censored] jeans. Old Navy, for example. That [censored] will fall apart in a week. I currently have 2 pairs of Gap Jeans that I have had for about 2 years and wear all the time, and have had no quality issues.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had Old Navy jeans, they didn't fall aprt, especially after two weeks. I'm not sure how yours did.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:29 PM

El D,

Are you one of those metros that buys jeans with holes pre cut in them?

P.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

Are you one of those metros that buys jeans with holes pre cut in them?

P.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude rolls in spandex foo
Old 02-10-2006, 05:33 PM

P: Are you a retard? It was all of an hour and a half ago that you responded to me in this very thread regarding my jeans preference.

Evan: To further elaborate, it's that Gap stuff is relatively shoddily made, the fabric is crap, and the style is blah. BTW, that is just a statement, not an analogy.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P: Are you a retard? It was all of an hour and a half ago that you responded to me in this very thread regarding my jeans preference.

[/ QUOTE ]

You told me to get levi's. This does not mean that you yourself wear levi's. I'm assuming you have moved on a much higher level of jeans by now.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:48 PM

From Harvard Business Review:

Rather than using the same supply chain for all three brands, Gap set up Old Navy's manufacturing and sourcing in China to ensure cost efficiency, Gap's chain in Central America to guarantee speed and flexibility, and Banana Republic's supply network in Italy to maintain quality. The company consequently incurs higher overheads, lower scale economies in purchasing and manufacturing, and larger transportation costs than it would if it used just one supply chain. However, since its brands cater to different consumer segments, Gap uses different kinds of supply networks to maintain distinctive positions.

I have no personal experience with these 3 brands for jeans, but my guess is that there must be some quality difference based on the above text, if anyone was wondering.

-Al
Old 02-10-2006, 05:51 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate stuff from GAP because I'm not necessarily trying to look like everyone else between 25-45 years of age. Also, the few things I've had from GAP have sucked in quality. Pay for something better, it will last longer. GAP doesn't even sell their good stuff in GAP, it goes to Banana Republic. I think they sew the dildo in the seat there free, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have lots of clothes from the Gap and they have all lasted fine, especially the jeans. I don't see how jeans can really be of poor quality, denim is a pretty tough material.

As for all of Gap's good stuff not going to Gap, um, wtf? That is a pretty stupid analogy. Does all of Structure's good stuff go to Express because they're both owned by Limited Brands? No, they're different stores.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a decent analogy, BR is the higher end of the Gap family, Old Navy --->Gap---->BR. Where Structure is just a crappy mens store bought by a another crappy store that used to only sell Womens cloths.

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah, comparison not analogy. f u ed.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for all of Gap's good stuff not going to Gap, um, wtf? That is a pretty stupid analogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, in several ways.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:21 PM

if left weave jeans are so much better, why don't the gap (and, uhhh, everyone else) make all their jeans that way? i don't understand.

i like guess jeans. i also like buffalo, but the quality isn't fantastic, i just really, really like the cut.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:00 PM

I find most of Old Navy's clothes suck because they usually have huge ass logos on them. I find their jeans an exception though. I own a couple pairs of Old Navy jeans, they were around 20 bucks, and they haven't fallen apart at all, and I find they fit me better than most other jeans. But, meh, just my opinion.