Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Very good draw against a very aggro player. Tough decisions!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That post you quoted I meant 3-bet the flop obviously. And it is results oriented to say "he clearly has a set here", because a 50/24 will minraise this flop with much more. When he has bigger FD or QJ our 6 and 7 are outs, so we are still not in terrible shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, obviously "3-bet the turn if he's anything close to 50/24" meant 3 bet the flop. How could I be so stupid?

And that advice is also pretty bad on the flop. He's just minraised me and given me a great price. I can likely CRAI the turn if I hit and still get paid. 3 betting the flop has very little to recommend it with no FE, since I am a dog to his range.

Please stop giving bad advice. As a mod, you should be a better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should have assumed that he meant the flop, because 3 betting the turn is not possible.

And I think Isura's decent at poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That post you quoted I meant 3-bet the flop obviously. And it is results oriented to say "he clearly has a set here", because a 50/24 will minraise this flop with much more. When he has bigger FD or QJ our 6 and 7 are outs, so we are still not in terrible shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, obviously "3-bet the turn if he's anything close to 50/24" meant 3 bet the flop. How could I be so stupid?

And that advice is also pretty bad on the flop. He's just minraised me and given me a great price. I can likely CRAI the turn if I hit and still get paid. 3 betting the flop has very little to recommend it with no FE, since I am a dog to his range.

Please stop giving bad advice. As a mod, you should be a better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should have assumed that he meant the flop, because 3 betting the turn is not possible.

And I think Isura's decent at poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't tell that from this retarded set of posts.

And 3 betting the turn is possible. It has been suggested in this very thread. Bet/3Bet all in would be the suggestion. Please don't make excuses for his idiocy when he's made so many basic errors (and decided to call me stupid).

Isura, if you're shoving on this flop against this opponent, you have a major leak in your game. Obviously if you're B3Bing this turn, you have an even bigger leak. And if you can't get your math correct or make a basic read like "he doesn't have AA", then the only reason you're any "good" at poker is because other players are worse than you.

And fyi, I play 1-2, 2-4, 3-6, and occassionally 5-10. Maybe a mod on the SS board shouldn't be ripping people for the limits they post on here though. Just a thought.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Isura, if you're shoving on this flop against this opponent, you have a major leak in your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don' think you understand what big leak really is.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously if you're B3Bing this turn, you have an even bigger leak. And if you can't get your math correct or make a basic read like "he doesn't have AA", then the only reason you're any "good" at poker is because other players are worse than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG, DID YOU ACTUALLY SAY THESE WORDS!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Isura, if you're shoving on this flop against this opponent, you have a major leak in your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously if you're B3Bing this turn, you have an even bigger leak. And if you can't get your math correct or make a basic read like "he doesn't have AA", then the only reason you're any "good" at poker is because other players are worse than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While playing on Party no less. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

HU for rolls is the obvious solution. You both play at Party too. Private 2/4 table tonight? Gogogogo.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you don't even want to bother defending yourself in this post anymore. I assure you I understand what a big leak is, and shoving this flop is one.

I'm done here. You look like a fool, Isura. No matter how many times you try to point out how much you think I suck, your posts in this thread are the issue. They were dreadful and, as it turns out, indefensible.

Next time think before you type please, thx.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:41 AM

To feltbelt:

Isura -"That post you quoted I meant 3-bet the flop obviously."

=)
Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To feltbelt.

Isura: That post you quoted I meant 3-bet the flop obviously.

=)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice. Now explain why it's a good idea when he minraises and gives me an excellent price? Explain why with no FE, knowing I am behind his range, AND knowing he'll pay off hugely if I hit, 3 betting the flop (and likely getting 4 bet all in) is a good plan.

Tell me why, because it seems like an utterly foolish plan against this opponent. Against a TAG, maybe. Against a total maniac retard? Maybe (but probably not). But against an overaggro lag who pays off, won't fold, and has given me an excellent price?? No chance.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:05 AM

Can someone explain why your push on the flop has zero fe??

You had $190 back, facing a min raise, so you can raise him anoter $174, into a pot of 23+16+32+16= 85, so the pot is $259 and it costs villain 174 - dont seem like great odds to me.

Also, was the purpose of your post to ask for advice, then criticise everything that was said and just accept your line as correct? Whats the point ?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain why your push on the flop has zero fe??

You had $190 back, facing a min raise, so you can raise him anoter $174, into a pot of 23+16+32+16= 85, so the pot is $259 and it costs villain 174 - dont seem like great odds to me.

Also, was the purpose of your post to ask for advice, then criticise everything that was said and just accept your line as correct? Whats the point ?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, seriously wtf. Don't post a hand and then go apeshit when somebody offers an alternative line. It's hardly terrible to 3 bet the flop, if you think that to be the case then you really are retarded.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:20 PM

The minraise by button is odd. I don't know what to make of it.

What is the calling convention for suited connectors? I call 76s 100% of the time to a regular raise from almost any position. Is that bad?