Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: The Well: Snakekilla88

[ QUOTE ]
youve outlined why you want a degree, but for YOURSELF, what are you doing? are you in the belief that you're gonna use your degree to do something with it or just to fulfill your obligations to other people in life? (this includes your kids in the future, etc).

not blasting you, just saying, like... what are you hoping to achieve out of school?

[/ QUOTE ]

With current state of poker, its in my best interest to stay in school. It’s possible to balance school and poker, and doing well in school is a personal goal for reasons already stated. If I were to become a full time poker player, I’d probably become a complete degenerate and forget about the world we are living in and I dont want it to come to that.

If it were up to me, society/parents/friends had absolutely no influence over me, then I probably wouldn’t be in college…but that’s not how it works. As for the real world, the main reason I play poker is for money. Some people play to be the best, and that’s not my goal. It’s a proven fact that college will allow me to earn more money and sets me up with more job opportunities. In a way society has implemented a “correct” lifestyle that I strive for and that may or may nor be a bad thing. Sorry if I did not answer the question you were asking for, I tend to go off on rants.

[ QUOTE ]
someone offers you $400,000 cash today to not play poker again until you graduate. Do you accept or decline?

[/ QUOTE ]
Accept.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:03 AM

who will win, ROW/USA/UK? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much will UK by? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-09-2007, 07:21 AM

You find out myself, and some other ssnlers you know are investing in a strip club. You see the numbers and realize it's a good investment. You believe you would be welcomed to the group if interested in the investment. Do you A. invest, or B. stay insanely overrolled on Stars and look at boobs and money from a distance?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:15 AM

<3
Old 02-09-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who will win, ROW/USA/UK?

[/ QUOTE ]
USA and its not even close. True? Dan Bitel? What jokes...

[ QUOTE ]
You find out myself, and some other ssnlers you know are investing in a strip club. You see the numbers and realize it's a good investment. You believe you would be welcomed to the group if interested in the investment. Do you A. invest, or B. stay insanely overrolled on Stars and look at boobs and money from a distance?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol interesting question there snowbank. Yeah, if I was happy with the numbers then that would be pretty cool investment. I am starting to research some different investment plans for my money so let me know if any of you guys have recommendations.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:11 AM

i hate snakes! i want to kill them. blickets!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the well Snake. Do you usually make counterbluffs like rerasing the c-bet or second/third barreling ?

Could you post some examples of this and the situations in which do you think is correct to make this moves.

I.ve found that whenever I start raising a 20% of my hands my c-bets are literally smashed and it makes complicated to play as it seems you need to put quite large amounts of your stack in the middle with pretty marginal holdings to keep a balanced game (ie. not raise and fold most of the pots)
Old 02-09-2007, 10:46 AM

Did you have a "Eureka"! moment with poker? A space of, say, a couple of thousand hands where suddenly something clicked and you just started getting it?

Or was it a steady upward gradiant?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:34 PM

Snake: great well so far, and you seem very "level-headed"

I have questions/comments about your investments and financial pictures since it is never to early to start planning and you said you were starting to research.

I think the first thing you should do is open a vanguard or fidelity account and max out your roth IRA for 2006 and 2007 ($8k contribution by april 07) which means tax free withdrawals on the back end, and this is obviously huge for many reasons especially the fact that your income tax bracket is obviously going to rise from where it is now.

Do you keep the entire $50k on stars, or in a high yield >5% savings?

I am not sure how much of your roll you are looking to invest, but do say so if you want more advice.