Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: One possible solution

Wow...

This is like a Tuff Fish roast gone horribly wrong [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tuff,

Is everything you do in life such a train wreck?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The first time I sat with you at a table once we started talking I realized that I knew who you were just based mostly off the voice. For the record, you look nothing like I assumed you would.

What stakes and did I buy you a beer?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record:

I do use PAHUD and PokerTracker. Luv em both.

I do not begrudge anyone taking their time to make a significant decision. Folding preflop doesn't count.

Tuff
Old 02-06-2007, 08:47 PM

Tuff,

I don't think you got my point. I agree the fish are gone these days. Poker in the US is not viable until its legalized in my opinion.

However, your idea is bad because even if it does attract the casual players, playing one table isn't worth it for sharks to play unless you play high limits. Therefore, your idea doesn't apply to helping players on this board. We are interested in the legalization of poker, but that doesn't mean we have to support ideas that will not help us make a living. We're looking for better solutions than that.

By the way, you're absolutely wrong if you don't think the multitables drive online poker. The only thing driving the fish away is the gambling ban, not the multitablers. Poker was doing just fine before the bill passed.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:59 PM

I won't bother jumping on the bash TF bandwagon right now, it seems pretty full.

Bashing his OP, though...well that's a different story.

Trying to understand who this appeals to. Certainly not B&M players, who get the same thing they're already getting, but with no interaction. Not to the online sharks - no PT, HUDs, and originally proposed, no multi-tabling. Well then, what about the fish? Seems like a lot of trouble for them. If they are true fish, they need to redeposit, so they have to keep getting this thing reloaded? They go on tilt, blow it all at 3 AM and want to play more...now what?

I guess I fail to understand what this whole convoluted scheme accomplishes. If it's all to regulate online poker, why not just do it under the current model?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't see how they would drive away all the fish though? I feel like these players are the easiest to play against myself. All you have to do is take notes and pay attention to their method of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can play against them, I can play against them. But the fish, the real fish who don't exist anywhere online anymore can't. They never realize that they are all nutpeddling tighta$$es until they have had a few encounters with them. By then it is too late. The fish takes off and never returns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does this imbecile continue to get such a response when he posts?

Real fish don't exist anymore?!?! You are a buffoon sir. I just sat at a 5/10 6max table on Party and 3 of them had VPIP of over 60 (sample of over 100 hands).

Then again, maybe you don't see a VPIP of 60 as being fishy....
Old 02-06-2007, 09:55 PM

Hey moron, we can't play on party anymore.

And if the average 2+2 hudbot could, those tables would go the way of the dodo bird.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey moron, we can't play on party anymore.

And if the average 2+2 hudbot could, those tables would go the way of the dodo bird.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, and there's no rakeback at party too LOLOLOL...

give me a break tuff
Old 02-06-2007, 09:59 PM

To one-tablers who don't use PT, HUD and other stuff I don't know about, YOU are a "hud bot".
Old 02-06-2007, 10:23 PM

The people who consistently take a long time to make decisions aren't multitablers in my experience.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Trying to understand who this appeals to.

Online players who want an approved and completely safe way to play online.

Certainly not B&M players, who get the same thing they're already getting, but with no interaction.

dunno, maybe, maybe not.

Not to the online sharks - no PT, HUDs, and originally proposed, no multi-tabling.

And the people who might do this care about the well being of sharks why?

Well then, what about the fish? Seems like a lot of trouble for them.

Good grief. A few days ago a bunch of you were talking about the Visa giftTOgo card like it was the second coming. Now, going somewhere to buyin is too much trouble.

If they are true fish, they need to redeposit, so they have to keep getting this thing reloaded? They go on tilt, blow it all at 3 AM and want to play more...now what?

Cardrooms are open 24/7.

I guess I fail to understand what this whole convoluted scheme accomplishes. If it's all to regulate online poker, why not just do it under the current model?

Why not indeed? Why did this whole thing blow up? Internet funding of questionable activities, money laundering etc. I am all for legalization of Party today. Get it done.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a free and open market for advertising, your premis about the multitabling room being more profitable is wrong. Pure and simple, it is wrong. If such a free market ever comes to pass,you will see this to be true.

And you will still profit handsomely if you are all as good as you think you are.