Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: The well: mrTEA

Thanks for the quick reply, it is greatly appreciated. Just one more question. Do you think anyone can play as well or as high as you do? Or do you think it takes some sort of innate abilities? Thanks again
Old 02-01-2007, 01:28 AM

mrTea, I would like to inform you sir, that you run hot, play hot, and are hot. That sir, is all for now <3.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do in general when you 3bet TT-KK preflop oop and a single overcard falls? Check-call or lead and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally lead OOP until reason to do otherwise. In terms of check calling, I don't like to guess where a player is at in the hand unless I have a very good read of bet timing and preflop calling range in position. Bet/folding allows you much more information than check-calling. As I pointed out earlier, you don't want to be inducing bluffs that you can't call later.

When I have KK in position and an A flops I pretty much always check the flop. You can balance this out by checking the smaller Aces you're 3 betting. I generally won't bet, but I will call at least one street if he bets. That way you can keep the pot manageable. Of course sometimes you'll have to pick off a bluff on the river when he pushes depending on your read.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What type of hands are you calling 3bets with if you believe they're 3betting light.

What would you 4bet, when and why?

ATs? AKs? QQ? 67s? 99?

[/ QUOTE ]

OOP i'll call AK/QQ/99 and occasionally the other 2 if I feel I have a good read on their postflop play and can bluff them out of pots. Calling with ATs and 67s are also good for metagame if you happen to hit. You can put opponents on sick tilt. I push over 3 bets a lot w/ AK also (of course you have to push AA/KK there too sometimes).

You can 4bet with any of those hands, though I often want their cbet money w/ QQ.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. when you moved up what was the key thing/adjustment you made to win consistently or become a winning player at that level?

A: mving from 50NL to 100NL==
B: mving from 100NL to 200NL==
C: mving from 200NL to 400NL==
D: mving from 200NL to 400NL==

2. What hands do you normally call a standard 3bet OOP with?

A From a TAG
B From a LAG

3. What hands do you normally call a standard 3bet w/ position with?

A From a TAG
B from a LAG

[/ QUOTE ]

50 to 100nl wasn't a big change when I came up. There were plenty of retards to take money from even though I remember Clayton 10 tabling.

100 to 200nl was a little tougher as there's more regs. When I first move up I played a little tighter and opened my game once I saw leaks. A lot of 200nl players call way too much so aggressive value betting is very important. Build pots so that you can value bet larger on the later streets and a lot of these players are gonna think "pot odds! I call!" when in reality, you're bet sizing forced them to make a ton of mistakes that they didn't know they were making. Remember also to think of the relative strength of your hand in terms of the board texture and action. On a lot of boards your equity with 1 pair hands isn't really that great, so folding shouldn't be a big deal.

The transition to 400 was tougher, more extreme version of the above. As players get better, you have to get better too. Don't think that you have to totally revamp your game for every limit though. Of course you will have to make adjustments, but don't start playing crazy because there's more money on the table.

I don't call a lot of 3bets oop. TT+ probably vs a TAG. Against a LAG it's probably similar, except I 4bet more.

In position I'm calling almost any pair vs both. Against a TAG you can fold/push/call AK depending on your read. vs a LAG I'm pretty much calling all pairs because I want a cbet from him. With the smaller pairs you can raise/float/fold (folding mostly of course).
Old 02-01-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what site do you play on?

Pick One:

Stars & all of its amazingness

or

FTP and RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played solely on stars because I've never had neteller. I didn't even have a bank account until I started school in September.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many underage kids in SD have fake IDs? Most of the people I meet in bars are over 21. Its wierd.

[/ QUOTE ]

well UCSD isn't really a partying hotbed so I can't really give a good answer. Is it normal for > 50% of the people in bars to be less than 21?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...no, but the proportions are definitely higher in other areas of the country.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 AM

What type of game do you play for 6max (vpip/pfr)?

What spots do you typically second barrell ? Third barrell? Any examples?

How big do you think variance is in SSNL?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was there a "moment of Clarity"..By this I means was there a principle that once you understood you KNEW you could beat the game..Or any other confidence builder that made you realize you knew you could beat the game

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of players don't steal enough / aren't aggressive enough on the button. When you keep raising the button people start getting pissed off and 3betting light or call too many hands. Then you can take advantage of position and/or tighten up and start value betting stronger hands. This is good for metagame, as it makes you look a lot more aggressive than you may actually be.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:59 AM

tea,

how fast did you move up, bankroll wise? did you ever move down?

what's your longest losing streak, and how did you cope?