Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Underage and made >20 000$USD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't gamble underage.
They hope they do keep your money because I certainly wouldn't want to play on a site that paid out to cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Comparing underage gambling to cheating is just ridiculous, I don't see how the hell you come to that conclusion

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly underage people's brains haven't degenerated as much, and therefore they have an advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know, this is kinda true. The whole reason certain types of gambling is prohibited in certain places until a person is 18 or 21 is responsibility, but everybody matures at a different pace (and some not at all). There certainly are 16- and 17-year olds that ARE responsible enough to gamble with real money, and the OP very well might be one of them.

The first thing most people would say if they read an article that said "John Doe is a 16-year old who plays poker online for nearly four hours a day, everyday, for thousands of dollars" is "Oh, that's terrible!" But honestly, some young people CAN manage themselves (although they ARE in the minority), and poker can teach certain skills, specifically bankroll management.

I would like to emphasize that the minors that can handle themselves are in the OVERWHELMING minority.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:56 AM

1. Request a check
2. Open a bank account using the check the day you turn 18.

As for the ID stuff, online gambling sites are not going to rigorously investigate your documents the way the FBI would in a counter-terrorism probe. They just want to see an ID with your picture and name on it and a piece of mail addressed to you.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 PM

I finally got my account confirmed by the poker site by providing my real cards, now that I am 18!

I can cash out with no problem now !

Thx for the support, good luck all !
Old 04-03-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also have no interest in gambling against minors, and I rely on the websites I use to guard against the possibility. If they sites have to use draconion measures to prevent this, I applaud them. As we are already seeing through the passage of UIGEA, underage gambling threatens the existence of my hobby for those of would like to engage in it legally.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

A big problem is that the system in place only prevents you from playing against WINNING players that are underage. They don't have any regulations in place to prevent underage losers from playing.

edit: and it's only the underage losers that will create ammunition for the anti-gambling advocates, not the winners, so the sites are doing nothing to prevent situations that look bad for online poker with regards to underage gambling whether they keep this kid's money or not.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:31 AM

Whoa, no fake id? That was really risky. Well, congrats, get that money out ASAP.

[ QUOTE ]
I finally got my account confirmed by the poker site by providing my real cards, now that I am 18!

I can cash out with no problem now !

Thx for the support, good luck all !

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-04-2007, 12:10 PM

I'm only 17 and have cashed out plenty of time by having sites mail me a check. Usually checks in the neighbourhood of $500-1k every now and then. It has worked fine. I have lots of different accounts with different names in order to get rakeback etc. I've transfered and immediately cashed out, all that jazz, never had any worries. Oh and i've cashed the check into my own bank account. I've never had to send an ID or anything, and i've deposited by borrowing someones credit card.

Also FU to anyone who is against underage gamblers.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:48 PM

Did you steal your mom's credit card for the buy in?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:20 PM

Just have them mail you a check or just transfer it to someone you know and have them cash it out.