Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: I folded quads today

[ QUOTE ]

hey philosophy major, scenarios like this are actually something i've been thinking about lately. on one hand, i feel that the universe would've reacted differently if you'd called or gone all-in, that there's some kind of quantum-physical indeterminacy even to a shuffled deck and you wouldn't (necessarily) have made quads, but the other side of the argument is that the deck was already established, so your action could not have affected it. what's your serious opinion on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

what the [censored] just happened
Old 01-28-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

hey philosophy major, scenarios like this are actually something i've been thinking about lately. on one hand, i feel that the universe would've reacted differently if you'd called or gone all-in, that there's some kind of quantum-physical indeterminacy even to a shuffled deck and you wouldn't (necessarily) have made quads, but the other side of the argument is that the deck was already established, so your action could not have affected it. what's your serious opinion on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thoroughly enjoy a good philosophy discussion, or a good article on the topic. That being said, this has to be the dumbest [censored] Ive ever read.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thoroughly enjoy a good philosophy discussion, or a good article on the topic. That being said, this has to be the dumbest [censored] Ive ever read.

[/ QUOTE ]

in mike's defense he's just making fun of me because i talk about chaos theory a lot. he doesn't actually think the deck changes.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in mike's defense he's just making fun of me because i talk about chaos theory a lot. he doesn't actually think the deck changes.

[/ QUOTE ]
schrodinger's cat yo. the cat is either alive or dead, it's like the established deck, but until the box is opened and we make the observation, the cat is both alive AND dead according to quantum physics. no?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:05 AM

whatever happened to logic? this seems to be the opposite of that