Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: What\'s your earliest memory?

3 1/2. Dog bite to the face. Totally my fault because I remember trying to touch her eye because it was "shiny". I got away pretty clean with just a snap and a scar to this day.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The house was described to you at some point/you saw pictures of it, it marinated in your subconscious and ended up a nice quasi-memory steak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be, although I can't think of any time I have seen any pictures of it, especially of the bedroom, nor that I would know where the bedroom was upstairs.

And of course, the event really did happen, as in mother getting letter from dad, breaking down, etc, but of course for my mother its not a memory that included me in any way.

It's strange, and it's entirely possible that it could be as you describe. It's very strange whether it supernatural somehow, or just my brain really effing with me and doing a good job of guesswork filling in the blanks to make it believable as a memory.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

Elephants have genetic memory. Perhaps you are descended from one.

Do you look like this?

Old 01-22-2007, 09:20 PM

About 4 yrs old. We lived in a trailer park. Kid next door who was about 3 years older than me did something to piss me off. I don't remember whose trailer we were in but I assume it was ours because I got a steak knife and chased his ass down the hall, out the back door and through the other trailer before somebody caught me. I was gonna cut me a mutha[censored].
Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Bothering my dad when he was working in the office he had at our house. He tried to stop it by putting a state puzzle in a faraway room, and when I'd bug him, he'd tell me to go and bring him back Texas or some other state he'd name. I remember the long depressing trek across the living room and over a brick fireplace hearth to where the puzzle was, and the short, joyous race back to his office.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:03 PM

my earliest memory was when i was four or so and my uncle was buttoning up his pants and telling me that we needed to keep our special love secret.

(joke!)
Old 01-22-2007, 10:45 PM

Sitting in a blow up pool in the front yard of our house in Elk City, Oklahoma. I think I was around 3 at the time. Interestingly, there is a picture of this event, so I have trouble discerning if I actually remember it, or have constructed it over time from seeing the photo.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:49 PM

Almost drowning. But I don't know if it's the oldest memory or just the one that seems the most important, so I psychologically think it's first.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:49 PM

I remember looking down and thinking, "daaaaamn my dick is big!!!!". And then the doctor cut the umbilical cord and I started crying. My confusion was embarrassing.

My real first memory is from being 2-3 and driving to my older brother's friends house and there was some building with a mural on its side that was very colorful and depicted a basketball scene. Thats about it.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:55 PM

Two from when I was 3/4, not sure which came first;

On a ferry boat, jumping up and down and wondering why I would land on the same spot I jumped from, even though the ferry was moving.

Watching Blue Peter (a british children's TV show). They were talking about an island that had been abandoned by puffins, and attempts by conservationists to pursuade them to come back by using fake stone puffins. I remember thinking 'Puffins can't be that stupid, have they tested this?'

I was a weird child.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine:

When I was ~2 1/2 years old I remember being in a playground when the ice cream truck pulled up. All the kids ran to get in line so I did too. I saw the ice cream man ask the kids what they wanted and he would give them ice cream. When my turn came he did the same. I can still remember looking up into his face. I don't remember what I asked for but he gave it to me and I, real happy, turned away to go and eat it. He caught my arm and asked 'Where's the money?' and I said 'What's money?' so he took the ice cream back. I was left standing there thinking [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] My father who was watching from a little way off came running over to pay and I was happy again. He told me years later that he was watching just to see what was going to happen. I'm still a little traumatized over money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what the hell were you guys doing running around in a playground as two year olds?