Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Results

This is definitely not a hand to lose 12 buy-ins with in an unraised pot vs about anyone (def not vs an uknown). Fold to turn raise, as played fold to river raise.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Another Set Decision.

Hi amulet,

This looks like a pretty straightforward shut-down on the turn. I think leading is fine, but I'd like to think that in most live situations, I could profit more by leading and reading on the turn.

Obviously, the only way you can be ahead after he raises the turn is if he's a clueless lunatic or verrry sophisticated and knows you can lay down your huge hand, which you've defined pretty clearly. In fact, vs. someone I know to be competent, I go into pot-control mode immediately on the turn, checking and reading, most likely check-calling two streets if it's not too expensive. I could definitely see myself check-folding the river after check-calling the turn.

You said no read; is that for real, or did you just not know what this guy knew, thus rendering your impression of his strength/weakness less useful? Maybe you just wanted to discuss the situation sans reads. I find it hard to believe that you got no read of how strong this guy perceived his hand to be in this gigantic pot.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:35 PM

i check turn here almost 100%.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:56 PM

that you for another good response. i had no read prior to the hand because we had only played 2 orbits and i had never seen him before. during the hand i believed him to be confident that he had the best hand.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:57 PM

commerce
Old 01-22-2007, 10:18 PM

I hate betting this river. I mean I would just check/call and minimize your losses as clearly its going to be hard to lay down a full house and you want to give him the opportunity to continue bluffing if thats what hes doing.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:59 AM

With 3 limpers in unraised pot, I like to reraise $250 to (buy the pot now) or get rid of the higher pocket pairs to avoid these dilemas.With four other players there is about 5% chance of someone else flopping higher set (about the same chance as AA or KK)