Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2006, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Ipod Headphones

I'd just be surprised if people just ditch their old headphones once they get the earbuds, or if they keep it around in case they need to use it for their computers/TVs, etc.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In any case, it's certainly true that the sound quality is terrible and that they're worse for your hearing than regular headphones.

[/ QUOTE ]

So?

And again, why does this make the user of earbuds dumb on many levels?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:58 PM

Since its an ipod thread, I'm gonna plug this product just in case some of you guys don't visit ipod forums. I just got an ipod and this protective cover is great. Cheap also.

www.bestskinsever.com
Old 02-08-2006, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since its an ipod thread, I'm gonna plug this product just in case some of you guys don't visit ipod forums. I just got an ipod and this protective cover is great. Cheap also.

www.bestskinsever.com

[/ QUOTE ]
I never understood the whole skin thing. What is the point in covering an iPod? Are you trying to preserve resale value or something? Who cares if you keep the outside scratch free if you ever see it?

Personally I would just get annoyed that it makes it bigger.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

www.bestskinsever.com

[/ QUOTE ]
I never understood the whole skin thing. What is the point in covering an iPod? Are you trying to preserve resale value or something? Who cares if you keep the outside scratch free if you ever see it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:24 AM

it also protects it if you drop it. dont know about that one specifically but i have one on my dell DJ. it's a rubber casing that does a good job on mine. ive dropped it a few times and am not sure it would have survived w/out the casing.

bwana
Old 02-08-2006, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

www.bestskinsever.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, what is the average life span of an ipod. I have an older one, before the click wheel. Its about 2 years old. I have never had any trouble with it but im sure at some point its gonna stop holding a charge as long as it used to.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

www.bestskinsever.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are talking about those silicone cases that cover it? What i'm talking about is just a clear film that covers the ipod. Doesn't make it much bigger at all (less than a millimeter thick), and just protects it from scratches so it always looks new. I took a knife to the surface and nothing happened. For less than 10 bucks it keeps my ipod shiny, I think it's worth it.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

www.bestskinsever.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, what is the average life span of an ipod. I have an older one, before the click wheel. Its about 2 years old. I have never had any trouble with it but im sure at some point its gonna stop holding a charge as long as it used to.

[/ QUOTE ]
My first one (the one before the click wheel) lasted just about 2 years before the battery life became too short to tollerate.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

www.bestskinsever.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are talking about those silicone cases that cover it? What i'm talking about is just a clear film that covers the ipod. Doesn't make it much bigger at all (less than a millimeter thick), and just protects it from scratches so it always looks new. I took a knife to the surface and nothing happened. For less than 10 bucks it keeps my ipod shiny, I think it's worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, that's not nearly as bad as the other ones. That makes sense, but personally I just don't really mind it getting scuffed up. I bought it to use, not to preserve.