Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Epassporte is the only funding option.....

Looks like Stars is recommending Epassporte in their new faq (it's toward the bottom):

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/real-money/usplayerfaq/
Old 01-18-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I tried loading my account, but my credit card got declined. I then got a call from my bank saying it's a gambling site and they cant allow transactions to these type of sites because of new U.S Legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me

edit: this was both with a Bank of America card and a WaMu card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used my Bank of America card to make a direct Pokerstars deposit two hours ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used my USBank card to get a direct deposit to PokerStars denied two hours ago. WTF?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:27 PM

Ok can someone make a post as to what someone should do when first signing up. Steps-wise? Im not dumb but if someone has the time that would be fantastic, if not, ill figure it out myself. Thanks
Old 01-18-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok can someone make a post as to what someone should do when first signing up. Steps-wise? Im not dumb but if someone has the time that would be fantastic, if not, ill figure it out myself. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got setup a few minutes ago.

If you just go to ePassporte.com and click the link on the right that says something like "not an ePassporte Account Holder? Sign Up!", the steps from there are quite clear and simple. It's obviously in their interest not to have some convoluted process to get your account set up, so don't be too worried.

As far as what you'll need, you'll want to have a credit card handy if you'd like to load via credit card, or a check from your bank so you have your ABA and account number if you'll want to use a checking/savings account instead.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But here is the key:
[ QUOTE ]
ePassporte Personal Account Holders may alternatively contact our Account Holder Services Department to increase their limits by providing additional personal information and documentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can increase your limits even further than $1000 per transaction. Even at a maximum of $1000/transaction, that equates to 0.2% which doesnt seem too bad to me.

I'm not sure how high they will let you go but if you can get it raised to say $10K. You are only paying 0.02% which is pennies...

[/ QUOTE ]

I read in some thread last night when I did a search for ePassporte (to do a little research) that someone on these forums had their transaction limits increased to $5k. Don't remember who though.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:58 AM

Fyi,

I deposited $500 to epassporte last summer and had not touched the account since the initial deposit. I even had to email customer support to have them reset my password.

When I accessed my account, I found that there had been one transfer to some name I had never seen or heard before for the total amount of money in my account.

I only went back to the account now since I have just emptied my Neteller account. I contacted Epassporte customer service about 24hrs ago now and have yet to hear anything from them.

I am obviously interested to see what there explanation is and also how they will handle my situation.

-Burn
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 AM

Just signed up for epassporte, but they denied my load transfer from my householdbank credit card.

Looks like I'll have to find a different place to handle transactions.

Edit: I may have to go with this anyway, since it's the only reasonable way to move money out of my Stars account.

As an aside, this sucks. I haven't deposited to an online poker site from a US source in nearly three years.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:14 AM

this is posted over at pokernews.com

One cause for concern was Epassporte's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating. BBB exists as a private non-profit service to provide reports to customers and create accountability for businesses. Epassporte's BBB rating was an F, the lowest rating possible out of a 10-point scale, which corresponds to the following description:

We strongly question the company's reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law's licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company's industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/1...ithdrawals.htm
Old 01-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Can any current ePassporte customer confirm that reloads are subject to just the $2 flat fee?

If true, eP sounds like a promising alternative.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:37 PM

Here is some additional info about Epassporte gleamed from my husband and my experience with them. First, responding to their F rating from BBB. I will agree, they answer the phone rather quickly but it is just to give you lip service, you will be speaking to a CS rep who is no more than islander placed there to mimic what is said on the web site under FAQ.s. Withdrawals to your bank account will take a full week or longer, no exceptions. Upload fees are 5% per $100 or part therof(load $150-fee$10). The company uses a bank in Nevis which is an island nation in the Carribean. There is every reason to believe that the CS will get worse due to increase in business. They are definitely pushing taking adavantage of the float to the max i.e. they will hold onto to your money as long as possible. Hope this somewhat helps. If Pokerstars remains open to US, we will be using paper check alternative.