Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Throwing Someone Else Under the Bus -- Foxwoods 20/40

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if we decide to invest one more BB in this pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, this is the question. Depends, I guess, but I'm starting to think that checking the turn and trying to fill is better. The inconsistentcy of checking the turn calling the river still bothers me though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather check the turn and call most every river card than bet the turn and get check-raised here. I know it feels weak, but at least we see a showdown and with QQ I am showdown bound.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2007, 01:08 AM

mp is not bad enough to have 66 here? or ace ten?
Old 01-17-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 is a standard Foxwoods 20/40 player-- a bit too loose (probably 25% vpip), a bit too passive (particularly on the big bet streets), and has the tendency to trap everything. He doesn't chase hopelessly, and maybe is about median or above in overall skill for the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its possible... but would you rather see a showdown or bet knowing you might have to fold on the turn? If Lil Bus noticed Will's hesitance due to a live read, shouldn't alarms be going off in his head?

Lets be honest, its not often we advocate checking behind on the turn in a multi-way pot with a hand like QQ so its really hard to gauge for sure but I think its the best way to get to showdown in this unique situation.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with QQ I am showdown bound.

[/ QUOTE ]

The action makes me not even close to showdown bound. I thought you were showdown bound only 20% of the time? Wtf.

Anyhoo, this thread now bores me. Die.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:20 AM

It all depends on the current mood of the table. I've seen times at the FW 20/40 when nobody seems to want invest chips in the pot, and other times when those same players seem to all be craving action.

Usually, a 3-bet here will only result in a large multi-way pot oop with a halfway decent holding. I'm not good enough to make money in that spot. However, there are some rare times when I see this working depending on who the limper is, and my table image.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he sounds like the typical mediocre FW's player, he's no genius, but he's no retard.

I get on a plane, go to Vegas and find this thread has exploded in what I thought was a fairly straightforward hand.

First, for those advocating 3 betting PF, to get it heads up, that's just not going to happen. It almost never happens that someone limping at FW's is going to fold for 2 more bets. Usually it's like "Wow, I can win a big pot!" C/R the flop is usually the best way to protect your hand against these guys.

When MP calls 2 cold on the flop, it's like Ivory Snow soap, he's got a J 99 44/100% of the time. The other .56% of the time he has 22. Most of these guys love to c/r the turn and will do it no matter what the situation or no matter how obvious their hand is.

OP played it fine; For LB it should be a check behind on the turn. He's going to get c/r here almost everytime, so why bet/fold and lose the chance to suckout on the river.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:48 PM

Top Chef is running at Foxwoods now?

-J