Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Early Favorites....who not to bet on and who to pay attention to

i was looking over last year's dialidol, and i watched the show...

the people that seemed to move up and down the most i.e. get them cheaply long or short them were:

moved up:
elliott

moved down:
ayla
ace

i guess it was because elliott could really sing. ace could maybe sing but he sang exactly the same style every time... was that predictable that ace was going to fall so far?

also, i don't remember that much about ayla other than she was tall, hot and could really sing... but can't remember what she did to drop so quickly.

two more things:

didn't realize that taylor did so well from the start (although i realize alot thought that chris would beat him easily)

i liked that will makar. thought he was really good. not sure why he got the boot (sort of looked like peter brady of course)

what was the deal with brenna? all i remember is she was really high on herself, but i don't remember what she said for me to think that.

thanks in advance!!
Old 01-27-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was that predictable that ace was going to fall so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

ace was the mortal lock for 3 weeks. then he hit a B3 and it was nothing but holding on to a greased pole from that point forward.

I know a fellow poster who lost 2 dimes on ace, and that's just what he admitted to! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2007, 09:59 PM

ace was the mortal lock for 3 weeks. then he hit a B3 and it was nothing but holding on to a greased pole from that point forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's a b3??
Old 01-27-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's a b3??

[/ QUOTE ]

bottom 3.

it made him mortal, and that was the end.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i don't remember that much about ayla other than she was tall, hot and could really sing... but can't remember what she did to drop so quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a good bit of money on Ayla. She didn't really drop, she was just never a favorite. You don't remember much about her because her performances were forgettable, she didn't have much stage presence or personality. Or if she did, the producers never showed it. Her dancing looked pretty awkward. She opened at 3-5 I believe, and never really moved until she was eliminated. I thought if she managed to survive a few weeks and pick up a fan base she could go far, because she was pretty hot and sang well.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
was that predictable that ace was going to fall so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a fellow poster who lost 2 dimes on ace, and that's just what he admitted to! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

why anyone put any money on Ace is beyond me. He was so generic and repetitive. He sang OK, but I was never once enthusiastic about him.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looked up that girl from canada now living in L.A. and she had a part in either phantom or les miserables here in toronto and she has sung with alannis morisette on stage at a benefit so i think she's a professional.

two questions:

are there any restrictions on professionals? seemingly no.

did that canadian girl have to be a U.S. resident???

FWIW, alot of people seem to think that opera girl from new york was precocious and self-absorbed and that the voters won't like her.

[/ QUOTE ]

precocious is bad?

I liked her too, but I don't think she'll win by a long shot. She seemed unrefined to me, perhaps a few years away from a true talent.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't realize that taylor did so well from the start (although i realize alot thought that chris would beat him easily)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Taylor had a chance to win from his first audition. He was my personal favorite (not necessarily to win, but that I wanted him to win). He showed a lot of personal style and confidene from the outset. My favorite thing about him was that you could see that the music came from within him, and was not effected in any way. He had no choice but to dance the way he did when singing.

OTOH, I felt that McPhee was the exact opposite. Though hot, and a good singer, she was trying to hard to put out a style that was actually contrary to her natural personality. It was rather jarring to watch. Specifically, I remember that when she did that song while sitting down next to the guy playing guitar, I said to myself that it was soooo put on. Just sing your effin song!!
Old 01-28-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a good bit of money on Ayla. She didn't really drop, she was just never a favorite. You don't remember much about her because her performances were forgettable, she didn't have much stage presence or personality. Or if she did, the producers never showed it. Her dancing looked pretty awkward. She opened at 3-5 I believe, and never really moved until she was eliminated. I thought if she managed to survive a few weeks and pick up a fan base she could go far, because she was pretty hot and sang well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Ayla was awesome and was very bummed when she got booted. I think she lost votes because of her height actually, and that she's jocky. Not a natural beauty like McPhee. But she was a gamer and got better every week. Total travesty.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Ayla was awesome and was very bummed when she got booted. I think she lost votes because of her height actually, and that she's jocky. Not a natural beauty like McPhee. But she was a gamer and got better every week. Total travesty.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Ayla got no support because she was too privileged. She was too good at everything. Excellent singer. Varsity athlete. Hot. Rich parents. Nobody's going to get behind that.

Remember Johnny Rainbow? (Username: 1 Password: 1)