Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: First date etiquette

[ QUOTE ]
The guy sounds like a bit of an idiot for not just paying for the whole thing, and she sounds like a bit of a bitch for getting pissed off that he didn't after she made her offer. They're perfect for each other.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really think what the guy did was even on the same order of magnitude as her getting mad for him BELIEVING her?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy sounds like a bit of an idiot for not just paying for the whole thing, and she sounds like a bit of a bitch for getting pissed off that he didn't after she made her offer. They're perfect for each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sums it up pretty well.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like them, it's like a really efficient way for the girl to say, "Hey, let's not be friends."

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Now all guys have to do is figure out how to get rid of that whole first date thing for these ones. Maybe that's what the Eharmony number cruncher is for...patented 239871239879812^2 dimensions of compatibility. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2007, 10:41 PM

Is your cousing dating this guy?

If not, then she is a bitch for being mad. She should be traditional, or non-traditional, she shouldnt feign this [censored]. if Im in that situation, I pay for the whole thing, but I know better, he could still be cool, and to base things on this makes her kind of a see you next tuesday.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really think what the guy did was even on the same order of magnitude as her getting mad for him BELIEVING her?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but that's beside the point.

If I ask a girl out I'd probably just pay for dinner on the 1st date. You might expect the girl to make an offer to pay her share or whatever, he's probably expected to insist on paying. If she insists after that then I'd let her.

But I don't know, might depend on more details than we've been given here.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now she's mad...

She thought that she should jester... he should counter jester (by offering to pay)... the she would offer to get the next date..

[/ QUOTE ]
So she is upset and going to bail someone because their actions didn't match up with the script she came up with? Wow. Sounds like she has some control issues. Remind her that she isn't in control of everything around her.

I would have paid the whole thing but maybe he thought splitting it was what she wanted to do. She did suggest it, after all. Who knows, he could have been afraid she would be insulted if he tried to pay the whole thing.

Also, lol @ jester.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 PM

She's retarded for reacting the way she did but:

[ QUOTE ]
Dude asks for the bill... bill comes... she reaches for wallet in an attempt to pay and offers to split the check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless we're missing some detail, sure this is a "rookie" mistake as DN noted and somewhat annoying, but I mean, picture yourself in that situation (remembering the date went well) - who would actually accept her offer to pay half?

-Al
Old 01-11-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but that's beside the point.

If I ask a girl out I'd probably just pay for dinner on the 1st date. You might expect the girl to make an offer to pay her share or whatever, he's probably expected to insist on paying. If she insists after that then I'd let her.

But I don't know, might depend on more details than we've been given here.

[/ QUOTE ]
As I understand it, that is exactly the point.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now she's mad...

She thought that she should jester... he should counter jester (by offering to pay)... the she would offer to get the next date..

I think this is S.O.P based on the first dates I've been on... but I can see both sides.

I think she is in the wrong for basing date #2 decision on this one action (I think she should evaluate the rest of the date)...

...But I also think he's kind of a douche-bag for not insisting on paying...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is "gesture"

But I think your cousin is right. She is not a bitch. He should say, "No, I'll take care of it" She will say, "Are you sure", He says, "I'm sure" or something like that. Or if he wants to be funny he can say, "Ok, you owe 30 bucks, fork it over." Then give her a few seconds to be appalled and smile to let her know he was joking and just pay the bill.

But I also agree with the other poster who said that he shouldn't take her to dinner. He could have avoided this whole situation, by doing something that doesn't cost much money. He can take her to dinner later.

Also, if she was really into the guy, then it probably wouldn't matter to her much. The fact that she is basing her 2nd date decision on this means that she is not that into him.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:02 PM

Evan - you think this guy got duped somehow? I mean, don't you think it's standard enough for a guy to pay on 1st date (especially if things were good), he just saw a way out of paying and took it (where most people I'm assuming wouldn't)?

-Al