Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Official Census, Stars new Supernova. Good or bad.

[ QUOTE ]
It is mentally taxing , very draining and you have obviously not done it.

Please post something you know about, not what you think you know

[/ QUOTE ]

Try doing a search of my posts in BBV about my last few 6-figure months. Or you can always just come play against me -- you can find me 4-tabling the 100/200 LHE games on Stars roughly 35-40 hours per week. Lol.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you can slack off if you're working a crappy $8/hour job, but I assume that most pro poker players here are making significantly more than that. Try talking to lawyers or doctors who put in 80 hour workweeks sometimes...I guarantee you these guys aren't slacking off.

[/ QUOTE ]

They work hard, but it is not nearly as mentally taxing (hour by hour) as 6tabling+.

You dont get even a second to breathe. You dont get to stretch. You dont get to greet coworkers. You dont even get washroom breaks. For an hour of play, you dedicate every second to making decisions - ones that are critical to your success.

The hours leading up to a trial are probably more stressful for a lawyer.
The hours of a surgery are more stressful for a surgeon.

But there are a lot of filler hours that dont even come close.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you can slack off if you're working a crappy $8/hour job, but I assume that most pro poker players here are making significantly more than that. Try talking to lawyers or doctors who put in 80 hour workweeks sometimes...I guarantee you these guys aren't slacking off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They work hard, but it is not nearly as mentally taxing (hour by hour) as 6tabling+.

You dont get even a second to breathe. You dont get to stretch. You dont get to greet coworkers. You dont even get washroom breaks. For an hour of play, you dedicate every second to making decisions - ones that are critical to your success.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a current multitabling high-stakes pro and a former lawyer at one of the top firms in the country for 10 years, I can say with confidence -- as I did before -- that multitabling poker is a walk in the park. There really isn't any comparison.

And btw -- the whole " you dedicate every second to making decisions - ones that are critical to your success" thing is a total red herring. 90%+ of all decisions a poker player makes are almost completely automatic. Only a relative few decisions in the course of any given session require much really hard thought.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try doing a search of my posts in BBV about my last few 6-figure months. Or you can always just come play against me -- you can find me 4-tabling the 100/200 LHE games on Stars roughly 35-40 hours per week. Lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make me laugh. I already read your post and I still say you have no clue.

I could care less about how much you make or how made in November.

You came from a high stress very demanding job where you probably put in 80 + hours per week for several years while you were in school and then while in your profession.

You played 67K hands in Novemeber, whats that 20-25 Hours per week?

Now try doing that 40-50 hours per week, day in and day out and then tell me it's a walk in the park.

You obviously are good enough to play in High limit games where you don't need to work 40-50 Hours per week.

Welcome to the real world.

In the real world 99% of the population are not Lawyers, Doctors, or Accountants. 99% of the population do not have jobs like the ones you mention. They are Joe Smith working their ass of in a toll booth or in a factory line like you previousy stated.

Take poker and compare it to 99% of the jobs out there and poker is harder by far.

Again I say you have no clue. That's because you are not putting in 40-50 hours per week playing poker and you came from a high stress high pressure job which the other99% of the world doesn't do.

And then you come on here and say it's a walk in the park.

You want to nit pick? Sure compared to your previous job it's a wlak in the park.

Compare it to when I ran my 6 Video Stores before I sold them then sure poker is a walk in the park.

Compare it to the average job held by the average person then Poker is by far much harder.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the point he's missing but hey what do you expect, he's a lawyer
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 AM

It's obviously hard to put in 40-hour plus weeks multitabling poker, because there are obviously very few poker players IN THE WORLD who are able to do it...

Having said that, I think that many poker players are lazy bastards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Having said that, I think that many lazy bastards are poker players [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Had to fix that.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:03 PM

Guys, it only takes 2000 5500$ Hu sng's to achieve elite.

Play 50 a day, and presto, 40 days later, you are there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 12:28 PM

I'm more of a casual player than a pro, so for me the change is strictly for the worst. I will probably not play enough to hit the milestones except maybe 200k, losing the Nova freerolls sucks (even though the last few months of 2006 they've lost their original value anyway). I really think they could've done more for people who pay several thousand in rake every month.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:22 PM

This was noted in the other PS Elite thread, but it bears repeating as something really bad...

If you do qualify as a SNE, you have that status for 6months in 2008, at which point you have to earn 1M VPPs again to become SNE. As was said, you really should have SNE status for the whole year (rest of 2007, all of 2008). It seems if you are playing that much poker, having SNE status for only 7 or 8 months seems low.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:12 PM

Anyone who thinks playing online poker for a living is harder than a real job is an idiot.
Playing a game with retards for money in your onw schedule is a joke compared to real work.