Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Re: US to leave the UN?

[ QUOTE ]
Its been around for a while. Remember people yelling about "black helicopters"? The helicopters were operated by the UN.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? UN helicopters are white/light blue:

The black helicopters most people talk about are operated by the DEA.

AB
Old 12-28-2006, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of that post disturbed me, but my jaw dropped when I saw this one. You really think it's time to try to spark a full on Middle East war right now?

[/ QUOTE ]
War?....LOL
They don't have the balls to go to war with the USA.
They are good at rattling sabres and mouthing off but that is about it. People like Jimmy Carter, Kerry, and most democrats wet their pants everytime Iran makes a threat but fortunately we do have a few people with balls in the USA.... No need to invade Iran or Syria. Bomb the Persian oil fields and the Iranian war machine collapses. As for Syria, one spit-wad will knock them out... And as a side benefit Hezbolah and Shia insurgents lose their sugar-daddy.

Maybe you forget but the USA took care of Imperial Japan and Nazi-Germany quite nicely. A couple of second rate dictators will be easy to handle..
Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you forget but the USA took care of Imperial Japan and Nazi-Germany quite nicely. A couple of second rate dictators will be easy to handle..

[/ QUOTE ]

Phase 1: Declare war. Phase 2: ????. Phase 3: Revel in global democracy.

Let's just nuke the world. That'll give Americans lots of room to stretch our legs, without all those lesser peoples taking up space.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:05 PM

The Us will not leave the UN.
Instead it will use it when it serves there purpose and ignore it when it doesnt.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Us will not leave the UN.
Instead it will use it when it serves there purpose and ignore it when it doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

ie ignore it 100% of the time, but still fund it? It will never be beneficial to an important US purpose in your lifetime, much less mine.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:00 AM

It is clearly to the interest of the United States to continue to be a member of the United Nations, generally speaking (some changes in the set-up might be needed in order to better serve American interests and aspirations). Which is why, in the real world, by the way, the United States continues to hold steadfastly onto their role in the U.N.

Anyone who argues for bolting out simply does not see things clearly. And if it's a conservative who argues for that, then the matter gets somewhat amusing.

Mickey Brausch
Old 12-29-2006, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't have the balls to go to war with the USA.
They are good at rattling sabres and mouthing off but that is about it. ... fortunately we do have a few people with balls in the USA.... Bomb the Persian oil fields ... As for Syria, one spit-wad will knock them out.
<font color="white"> . </font>
The USA took care of Imperial Japan and Nazi-Germany quite nicely. A couple of second rate dictators will be easy to handle.

[/ QUOTE ]It has been remarked by historians studying the great empires of the past that pre-eminent among the warning signs of their decay was supreme arrogance, i.e. self-defined notions of absolute invincibility and omnipotence permeating the empire.

I guess this is going well.

Mickey Brausch
Old 12-29-2006, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's just nuke the world. That'll give Americans lots of room to stretch our legs, without all those lesser peoples taking up space.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was not aware that the entire world is trying to kill American soldiers. We do know that Iran and Syria are providing money, weapons, and agents to kill American soldiers. Hence the justification to retaliate agianst Iran and Syria....
Old 12-29-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was not aware that the entire world is trying to kill American soldiers and innocent American civilians . We do know that Iran and Syria are providing money, weapons, and agents to kill American soldiers. Hence the justification to retaliate agianst Iran and Syria....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2006, 11:24 AM

Default An Eye for an Eye....

[ QUOTE ]
It has been remarked by historians studying the great empires of the past that pre-eminent among the warning signs of their decay was supreme arrogance, i.e. self-defined notions of absolute invincibility and omnipotence permeating the empire.
I guess this is going well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Self defense is not a vice...
Self defense is not arrogance...
Syria and Iran provide aid to insurgents and terrorists who are killing American soldiers. Appeasment to dictators does not have a very good track record. Any military retaliation against Iran and Syria is more than justified... The large appeasement crowd in the USA gives them the confidence than can engage the USA in clandestine warfare without any consequences. I think it is time to puncture their over confidence with the smell of the burning Persian oil fields...