Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Fake Winning Lottery Ticket Causes Ecstasy -- Then Fury. What Now

I'm all about being an [censored] for a laugh but making someone the butt of a joke as a gift is pretty crappy.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
since im not part of your family or the butt of this joke, I think it is [censored] funny as hell.

And anyway, your cousin prolly gave the best gift at that party, how many people truly know what it feels like to win the lottery? 1 in 10s of thousands? They should be thanking him for such a unique experience! (am I kidding? who knows!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'ed
Old 12-23-2006, 03:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZovM93QZRKo
Old 12-23-2006, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Fake Winning Lottery Ticket Causes Ecstasy -- Then Fury. What Now?

I cant believe people fall for that stuff.
Would your sister in law like a piece of gum?

Old 12-23-2006, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing he did wrong imo was let it go on to long, I think 5 minutes tops before he should have fessed up. Also I would make sure someone with a good sense of humor got them.

I did something similar to a girl I use to work with, except it was for the state lotto worth millions. I'm pretty sure that I am lucky to be alive after that stunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a tasteless joke. Imagine the brief elation and ecstacy that this girl must have felt and then the plunge into abject sorrow that must have followed. It is like telling your mom you got raped last night and then when she's driving you to the hospital you tell her it was all a joke. Imagine what her reaction would be you sick [censored].
Old 12-23-2006, 03:55 AM

fake winning-lottery ticket pranks are terrible, and anyone who does them should die
Old 12-23-2006, 03:55 AM

All,

Making baseless analogies cheapens your arguments greatly. The stance of there being depressed people who may commit suicide is weak, that same logic can be applied to oppose nearly every form of entertainment in circulation.

It is a tasteless joke if made deliberately to someone with less means with the intention of upsetting them, it is up to oneself to decide who he plays this prank on. These tickets should not cease being manufactured "just in case" someone jumps out a window after learning of the hoax, suggesting so would be just as ridiculous as the "dying of cancer - goofy doctor" analogies.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:59 AM

That doesn't make the tickets funny or the people who give them not douchebags. Nobody is saying they should be criminalized.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:00 AM

Dementia,

I hope someone repeatedly punches you in the face, but only if that person is joking so you won't be able to get mad about it.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Making baseless analogies cheapens your arguments greatly. The stance of there being depressed people who may commit suicide is weak, that same logic can be applied to oppose nearly every form of entertainment in circulation.

It is a tasteless joke if made deliberately to someone with less means with the intention of upsetting them, it is up to oneself to decide who he plays this prank on. These tickets should not cease being manufactured "just in case" someone jumps out a window after learning of the hoax, suggesting so would be just as ridiculous as the "dying of cancer - goofy doctor" analogies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is saying that these tickets should cease being manufactured. All we're saying is that it's an extremely dick move to give one of these to somebody who is having money problems. This is especially true during Christmas, when stuff like that oftens becomes more painful.

The lack of reading comprehension/common sense that you are displaying in this thread rivals your performance in the Britney Spears thread.