Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Two More Things People Think But Won\'t Say

i'm pretty sure he stole this stuff from jackie mason's act.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:49 PM

1. Correct

2. A woman president could bring with her a host of positive qualities that men simply don't exhibit - qualities that more than compensate for possible lapses during PMT.

Women police officers are now routinely sent to potentially (or actually) violent situations precisely becuase their intervention can calm a situation in a way policemen can't.

Similarly, women are techincally worse drivers than men due to their inferior sense of spatial relations. But they are paradoxically safer drivers because they are not as reckless or dangerous as men.

Finally, you could esily say that because men cannot stop thinking about sex, that presents an impediment to fully concentrating on their job. As we know, this has preceident.

PMT might be a small price to pay if other feminine qualities are present.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:58 PM

re: #1 - um, lol? how can you say nobody says this? A solid majority of the country wants us out of Iraq. Why? because it's not worth countless billions and thousands of american lives. In Northern CA where I live, I and many others have held this viewpoint for years. I'm surprised you fall victim to spin and propaganda that easily.

re: #2 - nobody says this because it doesn't matter. You can take it into account but realistically and logically PMS will never be more of a factor in differences btw candidates than issues, electability, personality. if it is, then fine, vote for the man.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:34 PM

I spend the majority of my life fixing the impulsive things I do approximately three days a month. FWIW, as the ovaries alternate month by month which one releases an egg, the extremities of PMS can vary greatly-one month you'll get terrible cramps and be quite miserable, but the next month you could be physically fine and absolutely insane.

Fortunately most of my mistakes involve spending hours baking, doing my homework in advance, or signing up for too many volunteer projects. In conclusion, me for president!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Iraq

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Iraq.

Raise, Fold, or keep Calling ?

[/ QUOTE ] Once it was shown that Iraq had no WMDs and Sadam wasn't helping terrorists, we don't care anymore. The fact that Sadam was a ruthless dictator who supressed rights and killed tens of thosands of innocents doesn't begin to make spending billions and losing thousands of Americans worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Once it was shown that Iraq had no WMDs and Sadam wasn't helping terrorists, we don't care anymore. The fact that Sadam was a ruthless dictator who supressed rights and killed tens of thosands of innocents doesn't begin to make spending billions and losing thousands of Americans worth it. The issue isn't that we don't think the US should be the world's policeman imposing our values on others. That's actually fine. As long as we can pull that off cheaply. But if it isn't cheap, who cares about the plight of the Iraqi's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it easier to care more for the cost on America or about the plight of the Iraqi's?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:38 PM

1. things people know but won't say
2. things people won't don't venture to SSF will never think about
Old 12-11-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again people are missing my point. Which is that IF a certain small percentage of women are SERIOUSLY affected by PMS, (much more so than men might be by their own unique problems) it is not wrong to factor that small probability into the equation even if the great majority of woman are UNFAIRLY hurt by such probabalistic calculations.

[/ QUOTE ]
A small percentage of humans suffer from schizophrenia or bipolar, why elect a human president?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Because most heartless, pig ignorant, mysoginists are cowardly enough to keep their mouths shut to keep people guessing as to how ignorant they actually are.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:45 PM

#1. This reminds me of the pick up basketball where I used to play. If someone were traveling, and you called double dribble (by accident) there was no foul and they kept the ball. There still was a mistake, but because you didn’t identify it properly, it was okay that it occurred.

#2. Those of us that had a dad and mom raise us know that they did it differently, but were effective in their own way. Many male leaders have learned a lot from their father as well as their mother.

If we’re scared of someone pushing a button while on a psychotic pms episode, I think we need not worry. There are a lot of people that have to be involved before that happens, not just the president. In addition, if one of these episodes were to last, it still wouldn’t last long enough for us to go to war before she came out of the episode and said, “Where am I? Oh. Stop the war, I was just PMS’ing.”