FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2006, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Why not shortstack?

You can only improve on 1/2 of your game shortstacking

Thats enough for me, to not shortstack.

edit: die shortstackers
Old 12-10-2006, 07:33 PM

He has hit and run me before, although it was at 8-16lim hu, he won about 3 pots for 200 dollars and then promptly left.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Did I just get hit n ran by an FTP pro?

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather be a flight attendant or a nurse then a short stack artist.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, lol.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only reason ppl play shortstacked is cuz they suck at playin deepstacked......get some practice by playin 5/10 full instead of 25/50 with 20 bbs

[/ QUOTE ]

no

the reason why they play short is because you heroic gentlemen of the felt play so rediculously bad against people that buyin short.You make bad calls, protect pots for them, and give them +EV in the games.

Short buying 25/50 for $1k has a higher $/hour earn then buying in full at 5/10, it just has more swings.

Maybe if you ladies complaining about it actually learned how they operate (and it isn't rocket science.. just check out the STT forum) then you will send them scuttling back to where they came from.

Sack up, and play poker... the games shouldn't be tailor made to exactly coincide with what is most +ev for you, stop being so selfish and stupid.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not really a FTP pro, well he is sort of but he is just a random tourney donk FTP sponsors but nobody really knows who he is (ala Mark Vos).

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw Vos had the deal to join "Team FTP" before he won the bracelet.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont really care about losing money or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that explains why you would call $1,000 on a paired flop with one overcard and a flush draw. Interesting that everyone else is focusing on the "hit and run" instead of this call.

When I think of hit and run, I think of a bad beat that is immediately followed by the one that sucked out getting up from the table. Were you a big favorite when all the money went in? Looks like just a draw to me.

I have no problem with sitting down, flopping a big hand, letting someone pay me off with just a draw, and then leaving.

But that's me.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:06 PM

"When I think of hit and run, I think of a bad beat that is immediately followed by the one that sucked out getting up from the table. Were you a big favorite when all the money went in? Looks like just a draw to me."

"I have no problem with sitting down, flopping a big hand, letting someone pay me off with just a draw, and then leaving.

But that's me."

Ok Hollywade, I don't usually like doing this, but since you tried to call me out or whatever, im going to prove to you how [censored] good I am at 6th grade mental math.

There is ~3k in the pot. I have to call 1k to win this. Most of the time he has an 8 here, which makes me a little over 25% to win the hand, or EXACTLY the pot odds I need to make the call. Now throwing in the times he has 67d, a lower draw, 99-KK, my hand becomes a MUST CALL.

In an interesting note, look at all the great players who have responded to this thread, and yet none of them even thought to criticize an obviously correct call. If he tells me in chat "I have 10 8c" I should still make the call. Keep dividing your time between trying to the internet's jack ass version of Sherlock Holmes and multi-tabling those 1/2nl tables and Im sure itll lead to a fulfilling life.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that explains why you would call $1,000 on a paired flop with one overcard and a flush draw. Interesting that everyone else is focusing on the "hit and run" instead of this call.

When I think of hit and run, I think of a bad beat that is immediately followed by the one that sucked out getting up from the table. Were you a big favorite when all the money went in? Looks like just a draw to me.

I have no problem with sitting down, flopping a big hand, letting someone pay me off with just a draw, and then leaving.

But that's me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok kill yourself
Old 12-10-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only reason ppl play shortstacked is cuz they suck at playin deepstacked......get some practice by playin 5/10 full instead of 25/50 with 20 bbs

[/ QUOTE ]

no

the reason why they play short is because you heroic gentlemen of the felt play so rediculously bad against people that buyin short.You make bad calls, protect pots for them, and give them +EV in the games.

Short buying 25/50 for $1k has a higher $/hour earn then buying in full at 5/10, it just has more swings.

Maybe if you ladies complaining about it actually learned how they operate (and it isn't rocket science.. just check out the STT forum) then you will send them scuttling back to where they came from.

Sack up, and play poker... the games shouldn't be tailor made to exactly coincide with what is most +ev for you, stop being so selfish and stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how to play against shortstacks and don't lose money from them, they're just really annoying and make poker much less enjoyable
Old 12-10-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's me.

[/ QUOTE ]
dbag