Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: HAVE YOU EVER HAD SEX W/SOCKS ON????
YES 148 61.92%
NO 91 38.08%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2006, 02:13 AM

Default Re: FTP Answers: Special Fraud Edition

yeah ok, that is fair enough mate...sorry guys
Old 12-07-2006, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I think with this kind of response FTP can begin to get the kind of reputation a site like Stars has built up over the last few years.

Kudos to Doug and the FTP team.

p.s. Electronics in store please

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope so, could be more smoke and mirros. Actions speal louder than words...
Lets wait a few weeks to see if there is any change...
Old 12-07-2006, 03:51 AM

I can't believe that the FTP stole my money thread is still going.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I confirm that FTPDoug has sent me comprehensive details about all of the games played by the first account that ericjones had. Six of the players from whom he won substantial sums, in different sessions over a period of five days, have later had their accounts locked for credit card fraud.

I was told that the same computer was used by ericjones' second account, as well as two other players who have both since had their accounts locked for credit card fraud.

His second account was involved in play with one player, over three sessions, who has since had his account locked for credit card fraud.

Assuming all the information is true, (and I have been given times, names, numbers of hands, and amounts involved; not hand numbers nor histories), in my opinion, it is absolutely obvious that anyone seeing this information would agree that ericjones was the intended recipient of funds obtained by credit card fraud, and it was only after having received a very considerable sum that he played legitimate games, presumably as "cover play" before attempting to withdraw the money.

FTPDoug has stated that he has given me the details in strictest confidence and he has asked that I do not reveal specific information. Obviously, I will honour his request, and I am therefore unable to add anything further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!
Old 12-07-2006, 04:50 AM

FT has maintenance scheduled for this morning. Hopefully thats an indication of the update FTPDoug has mentioned.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:59 AM

this is a textbook case of customer....fraude
Old 12-07-2006, 07:51 AM

Hey Doug,

Excellent Post... A+++++++
Old 12-07-2006, 10:16 AM

Thanks Doug!
Thanks Full Tilt!!

After reading the never ending river of crap flowing from Ericjones and BurnleyDik, I pledged a weekend of support for Full Tilt by playing there exclusively.

Well, lucky me. My month plus cold streak ended with a 1.4k award in a MTT!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Doug!
Thanks Full Tilt!!

After reading the never ending river of crap flowing from Ericjones and BurnleyDik, I pledged a weekend of support for Full Tilt by playing there exclusively.

Well, lucky me. My month plus cold streak ended with a 1.4k award in a MTT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that was not needed and uncalled for. No one made you read it, but I suppose it shows your level of intelligence.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I confirm that FTPDoug has sent me comprehensive details about all of the games played by the first account that ericjones had. Six of the players from whom he won substantial sums, in different sessions over a period of five days, have later had their accounts locked for credit card fraud.

I was told that the same computer was used by ericjones' second account, as well as two other players who have both since had their accounts locked for credit card fraud.

His second account was involved in play with one player, over three sessions, who has since had his account locked for credit card fraud.

Assuming all the information is true, (and I have been given times, names, numbers of hands, and amounts involved; not hand numbers nor histories), in my opinion, it is absolutely obvious that anyone seeing this information would agree that ericjones was the intended recipient of funds obtained by credit card fraud, and it was only after having received a very considerable sum that he played legitimate games, presumably as "cover play" before attempting to withdraw the money.

FTPDoug has stated that he has given me the details in strictest confidence and he has asked that I do not reveal specific information. Obviously, I will honour his request, and I am therefore unable to add anything further.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question. Perhaps it's been addressed before, perhaps I'm confused, it's almost certainly inconsequential.

Where do the confiscated funds go? It's been my cursory understanding that when a fraudulent account is locked, the funds are kept by the poker site. Is there a process whereby these funds are returned to the credit card companies, etc? I'm assuming the individuals whose credit cards were used don't end up being liable due to fraud protection, etc, thus the credit card companies are the ones who eat the damage.

I'm not trying to start a tinfoil-hatted conspiracy theory, I'm legitimately curious if the poker site ends up ultimately benefiting from these scenarios, although if they do it's unintentional I'm sure.

Edited to further clarify it's a general question, not just about FTP.