Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Pointless phone conversations with your SO

I guess I'm a lucky chump... my girl doesn't really like talking on the phone all that much. She's a straight to the point kind of person. Our phone conversations generally run from 10 to 15 minutes, 30 at the max; if we haven't seen each ohter for the day. Best relationship I've had to date.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:52 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

dude. its almost 4 months now. thats not that new is it? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

rj
Old 12-06-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude. its almost 4 months now. thats not that new is it? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it is totally new. and LD relationships can have a tendency to generate hype.

to the OP i echo rundownhouse: "If you can't tell her that you don't want to talk that often, you should probably break up with her."
Old 12-06-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to get off topic here but time starts from time of first meeting, everything else does not.

You know my feelings on the topic, but to reiterate LD relationships are way diffrent since all you have is talking, chatting, naked web cams shots in the bathtub etc etc.

If I saw my GF everyday , I promise we wouldn't talk as much on the phone when I am at work,out at the bar, taking a dump ...
Old 12-06-2006, 02:36 PM

First, if you are both near a computer a lot, try to shift it to emails instead of phone calls. You could send her 3-4 short emails a day, and it'll still take up less time than a 20-30 minute phone call. You can write them when it's a good time for you, and it's easier to fake enthusiasm in an email than on the phone (I don't recommend IM, because it's still pretty demanding on your time and you will have trouble ending the conversation).

The other option is to be pre-emptive. Find times when you have a short amount of free time (like when walking or driving to somewhere) and call her. You say something like "I don't have much time, but I just wanted to hear your voice". She'll be tickled that you are thinking of her, and you have already built in an excuse for why you can't talk for very long.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All chicks are like this, they rarely say much, they talk a lot though. Im upfront very early, ecspecially because Im working on 3 or 4 girls at a time, try having 2 chicks try to busy up your time everyday. I tell them, hey listen, Im very very busy pretty much all the time, so I dont like to [censored] on the phone for 30 minutes, I love when you call, but honestly I hate talking on the phone, I know its weird, but thats just the way I am...blah blah. the trick is to do it early, and make it your "quirk" so they dont take it personally. If they got a problem with it, forget em, but most of them if you spend enough time with them in person wont care much.

[/ QUOTE ]This is by far the best advice on this thread, though not particularly useful to guys who are already involved seriously with someone.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in the same city as my gf, and we see each other 2-3 times a week. This is overly sufficient for me to discuss with her what is going on in our lives and between us and how our days went. The problem is that she wants to talk to me for 20-30 minutes every day on the phone. I can't [censored] stand it. I have absolutely nothing to say to her most of the time (neither does she) and am forced to make lame conversation every day. It is starting to really drive me insane. Then she'll get mad and think I don't care if i don't act enthused over the phone, when really I just hate talking on the phone about pointless [censored]. She knows I don't like talking on the phone yet still calls me and expects me to call her every so often. We have to think hard about things to talk about, and most conversations are just rehashes of one we've already had. My time is limited with work and I would rather do other things than talk every night on the phone with her.

Anyone else have this issue? My play?

and yes I realize this post makes me seem like an unappreciative douche but i just got off the phone with her and need to vent right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

breakup, its too much torture. Doesn't she have anything more interesting to do!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:16 PM

I had a girlfriend once that wanted to always talk on the phone. Kill me before I do that again.

Coversation went like this:

What did you do yesterday after I talked to you?

What have you done so far today?

What are you doing after we get off the phone?

Now imagine that every day, and see that it is [censored] 2/3 overlap. It became absolutely mind numbing. Possibily it was because we both were at boring summer jobs and she couldn't talk about anything important because she didn't know anything, but its more so that you can't have deep conversations about anything over the phone.

I live with my current gf, so our only phone time is like 5 minute conversations when one of us isn't home and she likes it that way too.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a girlfriend once that wanted to always talk on the phone. Kill me before I do that again.

Coversation went like this:

What did you do yesterday after I talked to you?

What have you done so far today?

What are you doing after we get off the phone?

Now imagine that every day, and see that it is [censored] 2/3 overlap. It became absolutely mind numbing. Possibily it was because we both were at boring summer jobs and she couldn't talk about anything important because she didn't know anything, but its more so that you can't have deep conversations about anything over the phone.

I live with my current gf, so our only phone time is like 5 minute conversations when one of us isn't home and she likes it that way too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just answer all of those questions with "masturbate" and I bet the calls will shorten considerably.

Ray
Old 12-06-2006, 03:32 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
Possibily it was because we both were at boring summer jobs and she couldn't talk about anything important because she didn't know anything, but its more so that you can't have deep conversations about anything over the phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo!

hey doodz. stop dating retards.

rj