Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet Owes Me 20k

I find it very disturbing that UB can just not process my cashout for a month due to the fact that I committed “Fraud”, then close my account and not notify me for several days.

Furthermore, they allowed me to deposit $8000 a few days ago even though I guess at this point they already knew I was committing “fraud”, and this money is now locked into my account.

In the interest of full disclosure I have only played 10/25 and 25/50 HU and in the Sunday $200 tournament recently on UB. As far as I know it’s impossible to collude in HU.

A day or two before my account was Frozen I sent Apathy $8,000 as we was getting killed by some fish in a 50/100 game and needed more money in his account to continue playing (hence why I made the $8,000 deposit). He sent the money back a few hours later. This is the only reason I can think of why my account was frozen.

I have occasionally transferred and received money through UB (maybe once a month)? I sent some friends some money on UB so they could buy into the Ultimate Bet Aruba Tournament 3 months ago or whenever that was. I was also possibly sent a few thousand I was owed a few months ago too.

I’ve had much more sent on Stars/Full Tilt then on UB. This sending of money is a common practice among high stakes players due to us constantly loaning each other money.

I have had a cashout frozen before a few months ago when a friend sent me money and I cashed out the money immediately without playing any further. I played for a month on the site then cashed out the money no problem.

I can’t [censored] believe this happened.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:40 PM

This is awful, hard to comprehend a respected site would pull these shenanigans.

Don't give up though, keep at them with a barrage of emails.
Consider that player collection agency thing, get a group of your friends, fellow UB players etc. to say they'll stop playing there unless you get your money back.

Whatever you do, don't give up, that's what they're banking on.

I just had a two week battle with Paypal they locked my account just because I sold a PS3, it was a two week battle to reopen it, and they finally did.

Good luck...
Old 12-04-2006, 03:40 PM

"A day or two before my account was Frozen I sent Apathy $8,000 as we was getting killed by some fish in a 50/100 game and needed more money in his account to continue playing (hence why I made the $8,000 deposit)."

This is probably what did you in. Is Apathy's account still open?
Old 12-04-2006, 03:42 PM

all poker sites can confiscate your money for whatever they want to, and just claim "fraudulent" activity. They have no requirement to provide any proof or explanation.

I bet you won money from a guy who used a fraud CC, and they determined it was "chip dumping".
Old 12-04-2006, 03:50 PM

At this point, I don't doubt the accuracy of your story and it sounds eerily similar to the claims in the "FTP stole my money" thread, e.g., unresponsiveness of the site, delay of action by the site, lack of detailed information provided by the site, apparent fraud, etc.

However, I am a bit confused by the story you have provided so far. You claim UB has kept $20K of your money, but it's the $8K that seems to be the issue, at least as far as UB is concerned. Am I correct in deducing that prior to you making the $8K deposit so that you could transfer it to your friend, that you already had $12K in your account at UB? If this is so, I assume that your recent play was funded by the $12K, correct?

Inaasmuch as the problem from UB's point of view has to do with fraud involving the $8K, it leads me to think that either UB believes there was something fraudulent about your deposit of the funds or there was something fraudulent about your friend's transaction to return the funds to you or both. Have you discussed this with your friend? Is he also having difficulty with UB?

I'm not suggesting anything about anyone's guilt or innocence, but looking at this objectively these are the issues and questions that occur to me. If my suppositions are correct, then you may have a good argument that $12K of the $20K total should be returned to you.

Good luck in getting this resolved.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:59 PM

Something really close to this happened to me w/ UB about 6months ago. I needed the help of lawyer to get the situation solved and my moneys back. I will try to find the thread I posted here..
Old 12-04-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sent Apathy $8,000 as we was getting killed by some fish in a 50/100 game and needed more money in his account to continue playing

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Apathy were playing together with this fish?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:02 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post5874237
Old 12-04-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I sent Apathy $8,000 as we was getting killed by some fish in a 50/100 game and needed more money in his account to continue playing

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Apathy were playing together with this fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously not, or I would of said that.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:20 PM

G2CU,
I know we don't always see eye to eye on things but this whole issue is very bothersome to me. Is Apathy's account still open? Also, ask them since when is transferring money to another respectable online player fraud? Like you said high stakes players always transfer money back and forth, thats very normal. Ask UB to send you hand histories which are 'supposedly' fraudulent. You need to post this at P5's also to try to gather more attention. UB has no right to do what they please without some type of opposition. Good luck.