Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Very very interesting deepstack 2/4 hand...

[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something? A 18/12 3bets the flop, the flush draws completed, and then jams the river and you aren't instafolding the river with one pair? What hand do you think she is 3betting with flop with?

[/ QUOTE ]
the only reason you can consider calling, and its why you CAN stop to think (and not insta fold) is villain and you both know the flush hit, and you have the nut flush card. it would be incredibly thin (as was the result) for a set to push, therefore it must be a flush. and it cant be the nut flush, as we've established. Since we've defined the pushing range to a small range, and due to the earlier postflop play it's not clear they always HAVE that small range, you can now start to smell osmething not completely correct and assign a small % of bluff. The big problem w/ a call is since they pushed, and that push was quite a bit larger then pot size, that bluff% needs to be pretty damn big, and most opponents just wont bluff with that frequency at all.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I flopped the top set.

[/ QUOTE ]
Turn check is okay... but I'm not a huge fan. I'd probably bet and make a read if he raised.

I HATE your river bet. LOL at thinking he'll call this with a big pair. He has to put you on complete air, and I just don't think you are bet/3-betting the flop here with air with any frequency.

If you have overbet shoved once or twice before, fine, but I highly doubt that you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain obviously never has air, (if they DID, that turn is the perfect, and pretty much only, scare card to utilize, so they MUST follow through) so then a 'bluff" becomes a hand like 98, A9, etc. or, a weakish made hand which played extra strong on the flop, then because of the turn check realized it was behind, and then decided it must bluff
Old 11-17-2006, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just read results, interesting way to play top set by villain. not the best value push on the river, really, but if he can put hero on an overpair, there is a small chance of a call. so meh.

really tho... given the flop 3bet, and it was called, it's almost criminal top set didnt stack the overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

soooooo criminal

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah horribly played by villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, results-wise, she played the flop beautifully. I (WITHOUT A DOUBT) would've just called the flop raise, which would've given me less of a chance to directly stack them. Turn to river, yes, is botched.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Jessica', the real question is 'are you really a female'

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-17-2006, 09:35 AM

i generally like the selling ur hand for the most $$ thing. personally it looked like u had a set. u know he had something, which makes sense why you almost overnet at river. I smell a bit of fear too in the bit though. becuz if u bet like 400 dollars it would be real embaressing calling off the rerst of ur stack or even folding getting really gr8 odds on the pot. i think though a smaller river bet, something in the range of 200-300 would have been best. its very hard for him to raise without beating a set at river.