Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 11:36 PM

Default Re: What is AC?

Scenario: Youre house goes on fire, " hey darling, there is no need to call the firemen, the other neighbours will be forced to pay for it because otherwise their house will turn on fire too, lol"
Old 11-11-2006, 11:36 PM

But if it occurs in a forest, and thus threatens private property from many different groups?

And what about police forces? The transience of crime would require a group much larger than a HOA. I'm genuinely curious, not trying to poke holes.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scenario: Youre house goes on fire, " hey darling, there is no need to call the firemen, the other neighbours will be forced to pay for it because otherwise their house will turn on fire too, lol"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, scenario: The house is on fire! Call the fire company! Oh hey guys, thanks for putting out the fire. I'm kinda broke right now.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:41 PM

Somebody will own that forest, that forest wont be abandoned to the will of some dude that works for the goverment.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody will own that forest, that forest wont be abandoned to the will of some dude that works for the goverment.

[/ QUOTE ] Why would somebody buy the forest? What money can be made off of a forest?

How about the Ozone layer? How about the air we breathe?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But what compels him to buy fire insurance from surrounding private fire companies?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, scenario: The house is on fire! Call the fire company! Oh hey guys, thanks for putting out the fire. I'm kinda broke right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't have fire insurance? So you lose everything?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:48 PM

Another great example is vaccinations. If everybody doesn't get them the diseases will come back or the vaccines ineffective in some cases; in others the elderly and other at risk groups are put at great risk if children do not get di and many parents will be too poor/selfish/crazy religionish etc. to get them for their child or self.

Their is nothing to force children to get these vaccines in AC.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People everywhere, everyday choose not to buy various insurances. I can buy earthquake insurance or I can choose not to. If the big one hits, I lose everything if I'm uninsured. If insured, I get the value of what I lost, which is roughly the same monetary result of having the fire put out - without the rebuilding hassle.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] What do you mean "he loses everything". The fire company already put out the fire!

The fire company has to put out the fire order to keep the other houses from getting set on fire; and it is utopian to think that everyone will have insurance, especially in this case when the fire company has to put out the fire for free (to the free rider only, of course) in order to prevent the other houses from starting on fire! Why would anyone buy insurance in AC land? It is irrational, you get something for free if you don't!