Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 11:13 PM

Default Re: paging Lee Jones

[ QUOTE ]

When the game is under attack the way it is the sites should be bending over backwards to not only be on the up and up but look like they are on the up and up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone who actually understands this. I'm amazed.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How can anybody think that it is ok to have a game where a group of people just sit there to take newcomers money and not eachother's?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a husband and wife shared all money with each other and they sat down at the same poker table would you have a problem with that?

To a lesser degree, its the same with friends. If I'm sitting down with a friend at a poker table and I take a pot off him, then I'll probalby treat him to dinner later to make up for it anyway. I would have no problem checking it down with a friend, nor would I have a problem going blindly all in against a friend if it were just us 2 left in the pot...who really cares if you don't really care if you or your friend has the money?
Old 11-10-2006, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How can anybody think that it is ok to have a game where a group of people just sit there to take newcomers money and not eachother's?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a husband and wife shared all money with each other and they sat down at the same poker table would you have a problem with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

When my wife and I were last talking about going to Foxwoods she said we should have a signal so we could tell each other when to get out of each others way.

I told her that if we sat at the same table she better damn well do everything she could to take all my money because I was going to try to take all hers.

When you sit down at a table it's your job to try to get every damn chip on the table. If you can't do that then you should find a different table.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:22 AM

There's a very easy way to get Stars to take action on this:

Everyone who doesn't like this policy should go 8-table $1/$2 and $.50/$1 for an hour at primetime, openly soliciting soft-play team members in table chat. Be sure to explain to the table that members are free to be as aggressive as they like until only members remain in the hand, at which point they all agree to check-down.

Be sure to remind them "OK, you guys should both check down now." each time the situation comes up during the session.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:13 AM

for those of you think this is okay, just think how a new player will view this kind of behavior and having 2 guys on a 6 max table that are checking down hands.

also if it is "okay" for players to do as they wish after they knocked everyone off the pot, then they can benefit assively by going nuts at each other every hand / benefit A TON from image..

I also have to say I'm disappointed @ elky, I've known him since back when he was starcraft pro and always thought he had straight ethics.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have to say I'm disappointed @ elky, I've known him since back when he was starcraft pro and always thought he had straight ethics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody posted one hand which he checked down and you already believe that he is a bad guy. Very lame.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody posted one hand which he checked down and you already believe that he is a bad guy. Very lame.

[/ QUOTE ]
dude the guy he checked it down against is a known 'soft player'. also, wtf else can you make out of the hand? or do you believe that he accidentally clicked check 3 times by accident?
Old 11-11-2006, 03:48 PM

Zee Justin on 02/09/2006:

[ QUOTE ]
I am friends with both Twin and H@LL and can confirm this to be true. Twin does this with a bunch of players. He has talked to Stars about it, and they have no problems with this behavior in cash games. IMO there is nothing ethically wrong with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zee Justin on 02/24/2006:

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it’s true. I did use these accounts to enter multiple accounts in the same multi table tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2006, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The facts of this situation are that these two players, for whatever
reason,
appear to have a policy to check down (softplay) when only they remain in
the pot. As MarkW stated this is not against our rules in ring game play
as the only players affected are the two players in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2006, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When the game is under attack the way it is the sites should be bending over backwards to not only be on the up and up but look like they are on the up and up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone who actually understands this. I'm amazed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the same for Brick and Mortar. I take a seat, play 30-50 hands and see 2-3 guys soft playing each other. Usually I get up and leave. It just looks bad.

In their defense, it is small limit hold em so they know each other and are "being friendly" by not playing against each other. Also, it is out in the open, so it is far better than those secretly colluding.

Either way, it looks bad, especially to outsiders and should not be allowed.