Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Cant win anymore - no matter what

[/ QUOTE ]

So you both chased a gutshot and hit on the River, his was better. How can you complain about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL AT U ROYAL MAG! I was chasing a gutshot huh? I was betting out cos he showed no resistance. If you look at the hand and stop being a complete moron you would realise that I had him completely dominated and was betting with the best hand until the river. I dont think that equates to "both chasing a gutshot". Its just one example from hundreds of me getting totally screwed on nearly every river on that [censored] site.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:12 PM

Can you play no limit?

Get $2k of what's left and multi table 100nl on Ladbrokes.
The players are [censored] and you get 30% rakeback. Plus they have cash game leaderboards and other stuff for more $$$$.

Low limit fixed is [censored] awful compared to what it was a couple of years ago. And the rake is brutal. I remember the good old days when all you had to do was play tight to get the money but now 95% of players have got at least some kind of clue.

Take the rest of the week off and start over again on monday. You have plenty of money to make a go of it as long as you don't lose your head.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL AT U ROYAL MAG! I was chasing a gutshot huh? I was betting out cos he showed no resistance. If you look at the hand and stop being a complete moron you would realise that I had him completely dominated and was betting with the best hand until the river. I dont think that equates to "both chasing a gutshot". Its just one example from hundreds of me getting totally screwed on nearly every river on that [censored] site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, as it turned out, you had the best hand until the river but you didn't know this. You continued betting with Ace high assuming/hoping that he hadn't hit anything, even after he had called your pre-flop raise.

He didn't show any resistance but there are plenty of passive players who would call down if they hit bottom or middle pair, in which case you would have been the one that sucked out on the river.

You were unlucky, but this is not a bad beat and if this is the sort of thing that seems to be getting you soooo upset then LOL at you.

And for the record Im also on a ridiculous down swing at the moment but dont come whining about here.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:20 PM

Debaser - I was planning to go back and try no-limit but would only do so with money that I can afford to lose. Which is not much at the minute.

I haven't played any no-limit cash games for over 2 years so I dont think now is the right time to try.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:30 PM

OK Royal Mag - Ill admit that its not the worst beat ever. But it was the final straw. River gives me 2nd nuts but him the stone cold? [censored] joke.

Also, if you read my OP it came right after 4 or 5 hands I played in a row where I got screwed on river.

And Im not complaining about 1 sessions worth of beats, or 1 days worth, or even a week. 2 weeks now the same thing every day. I cant take it anymore and thats why I posted here - to vent.

On average I have 3-4 losing days a month. I play a lot - on average 8 hours a day but sometimes more so I can usually ride out any "normal" variance and finish in profit for each day. 13 losing days in a row is something else.

I've never had to withdraw totally from a site before because I just cant win there. It is a shock to my system. It seems no-one else has anything positive to say about Full-Tilt. I seen a lot of good players there get hammered by similar type beats again and again.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:45 PM

Like I said Im going through a similar downswing myself. I dont play as much as you, probably avaerage about 2-3 hours a day but have never had a losing day for more than 3 days in a row.
Until last night I havent had a winning day for the last 12 and nearly went out and bought myself a tin foil hat. I was convinced that I was still playing my usual style of poker and not tilting at all.
I took a couple of days off and then last night started playing on one table and concentrated on playing my A game again, and for the first time in 2 weeks I finshed with a green number instead of a red one lol.

Try not to let it get you down, take a break, move down in limits and start again as though you are starting from scratch.

Definitely try a different site as even though it probably has nothing to do with FTP, you will always have that in the back of your mind and it could affect your play without you even realising it.

Also take note of the Bank Roll advice in this thread, give yourself a better 'cushion' in future in case this happens again.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 PM

OP,

YOU MUST BE MORE FRUSTRATED THAN A ONE LEGGED ETHIPIAN WATCHING A DONUT ROLL DOWN A HILL.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:26 PM

You've been a winning player for 3-4 years and I losing month, I have to agree that you are obviously a winning player but just take a week off and then come back full steam.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:31 PM

w/a 10k roll you could play break even and support 3 kids.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:58 PM

LISTEN YOU [censored], TAKE A BREAK!

Seriously, limit poker can be very frustrating due to frequent bad beats. You are putting your children in a dangerous situation.

There's not a damn thing you can do when you are running bad.. take a month off then come back. If you are still losing, then your time's up.