Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 12:28 PM

Default Re: My cat is going into surgery right now

[ QUOTE ]
Quick update - Vet says Dexy is doing well post surgery and is recovering nicely - it's possible she will be home tomorrow. Preliminary EKG and echo showed no issues with her ticker.

I'm glad to see the majority of people here understand where I am coming from, the price never even entered my thought process. If anyone wants to keep track this entire little surgery/x-rays/post care medicine looks to come in just under $2500. Which is a little less than the plasma I bought last year - which i am certain to get lots less enjoyment out of before I want to replace it, than I get from Dexy regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best of luck to you and Dexy. We went through something similar with our dog Boomer this year. He got his tongue caught in our paper shredder, and in trying to get free, ripped his entire tongue out from the base. We spent $2100 on his surgery/meds/supervision. He's happy and healthy now, just a bit more slobbery than before, and he has to drink after he eats or he can get messy. We're also paying $5000 to replace carpet with wood flooring, since the carpet has gotten screwed up with the accident, and then his little food messes. But the other was never ever ever an option for us, if he was going to be happy and healthy. Keep us posted.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:56 PM

Default Re: My cat is going into surgery right now

[ QUOTE ]
Quick update - Vet says Dexy is doing well post surgery and is recovering nicely - it's possible she will be home tomorrow. Preliminary EKG and echo showed no issues with her ticker.

I'm glad to see the majority of people here understand where I am coming from, the price never even entered my thought process. If anyone wants to keep track this entire little surgery/x-rays/post care medicine looks to come in just under $2500. Which is a little less than the plasma I bought last year - which i am certain to get lots less enjoyment out of before I want to replace it, than I get from Dexy regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellrazor: