Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 07:41 PM

Default Re: how much five o\'clock shadow is too much?

Okay, I went to the long post and added, toward the beginning, some organizational information, and also a link to a much shorter post: specific recommendations for the beginning (safety-razor) shaver. Should make it easier to follow.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:59 PM

I have not used a razor in a year hate to shave I get bumps and skin rash a year ago a bought a norelco beard trimmer and it the best thing I have ever bought changed my life I put the setting at level 1 and get a lovely stubble look.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:10 PM

I just recently discovered this awesome solution for a clean and easy shave. Like a few others suggested, use a hair trimmer with no attachment to get rid of most of the hair. Now to get that final skin smooth shave, use a regular razor blade with a cup of hot water, no shaving cream or soap is needed. However what you must do is get really sweaty so your face gets sweaty too. I usually go for a ten minute jog in the park. If you don't want to go outside, just jog in place in your house or do some other aerobic exercise, enough to get your face sweaty. What happens is your pores open up and the combination of your face oils plus the hot water will make that hair just fall off your face with no irritation. It's a [censored] awesome way to get a good shave.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:56 PM

I use the Mach3 razor. Used to use a a good electric razor but it made my skin hurt like hell, and I couldn't shave as often with it either.

What's a good beard trimmer for use when it gets to about ~week without shaving?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:51 AM

I think I consider myself a well shaven man.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Solution:

Simply use an electric beard trimmer with no attachments to shave. It doesn't get close enough to irritate, and still looks acceptable.

I use a braun that was endorsed by "Al" from Home Improvement that I bought at Target over 10 years ago. All is well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing I do (but with a non Al-endorsed trimmer). Trim it nice and short. I haven't shaved clean in months, and I'm only doing it 6-10 times a year at this point.

A little scruff looks good on me anyways.