Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 03:49 PM

Default Re: OOT Tell me about Austin, TX

[ QUOTE ]
Cockroaches big enough to pump your gas that fly in on the backs of mosquito’s capable of transporting a small family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, not funny. I [censored] HATE roaches.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cockroaches big enough to pump your gas that fly in on the backs of mosquito’s capable of transporting a small family.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's 100% serious. Tree roaches down here are 1.5" to 3" in length. They are [censored] enormous.

However, on the bright side, tree roaches like to live outside. They will generally not "take over" a house like smaller german cockroaches will.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's 100% serious. Tree roaches down here are 1.5" to 3" in length. They are [censored] enormous.

However, on the bright side, tree roaches like to live outside. They will generally not "take over" a house like smaller german cockroaches will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe ice and snow aren't so bad after all.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much will I have to deal with seeing them? I'm not going to be like walking into my apartment being bombarded w/ flying roaches am I? I'm seriously skeeved by them (in an unhealthy way) ha ha ha. They wont be covering my car or anything? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2006, 04:05 PM

There are some really good looking lesbians(best looking lesbians I have ever seen in real life) that just moved to my neighborhood, they are from Austin. Can't tell you any more but I would say it's a good place.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:28 PM

When I die, they can bury me under Sixth Street.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive always had the opposite problem. german roaches out in my yard and the big roaches inside. i have boric acid sprinkled around most of my house. my wife was just telling me last she wont go in the garage until i sweep because she found four dead roaches.

as a hijack, my friend told me about the las vegas roach trap and i tried it out of curiosity and it works.

local news story w/ video

wiki
Old 11-01-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much will I have to deal with seeing them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anywhere between daily and weekly (or longer) depending on where you live and how cold it is outside. If you make a fool of yourself by screaming your bad habit will probably be cured by the derisive laughter of other people who have come to terms with our brothers the tree roaches.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive always had the opposite problem. german roaches out in my yard and the big roaches inside. i have boric acid sprinkled around most of my house. my wife was just telling me last she wont go in the garage until i sweep because she found four dead roaches.

as a hijack, my friend told me about the las vegas roach trap and i tried it out of curiosity and it works.

local news story w/ video

wiki

[/ QUOTE ]

So Austin has a roach problem (w/ both types) Even in nice houses? So the likelihood of my getting a cheap apartment and it having roaches is pretty good? Seriously, this is a big big big issue for me. So I need to know about how common it is.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:44 PM

Op, what line of work are you in?

There are some jobs that are scarce in Austin.

but it is a nice place to live.

It has the advantages of a big city (nightlife, restaurants, things to do) mixed with a close proximity to outdoorsy activities and has less of the disadvantages ( overpopulation, crime, really bad traffic).