Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Forum Project Step 1 - Niche Pickin\'

so why don't you do a How to Make Money in Health/Wellness/Fitness?
Old 10-31-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's much easier to sell a diet pill or weight loss program than it is to sell "how to make money selling diet pills or weight loss programs".
Old 10-31-2006, 04:55 PM

I don't see why you couldn't do both concurrently.

I recently signed up for my importer's license because I wanted to check out prices on certain goods on alibaba. It wouldn't be much of a step to document the process I took to sign up for various accounts/licenses and explain how I would go about bringing items over China plus all the costs involved. This type of information seems like it would be very useful to a small group of people - namely guys who want to get into importing/exporting and I'm sure if one is enterprising enough there will be ways to monetize it.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's much easier to sell a diet pill or weight loss program than it is to sell "how to make money selling diet pills or weight loss programs".

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-31-2006, 05:09 PM

Or a how to make money in health/wellness/fitness by doing a how to make money in health/wellness/fitnessin health/wellness/fitness on how to make money.

Probly should make some money doing this before you do a how to make money.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:34 PM

Is it to late to join, and is making money the topic we have to focus on?
Old 10-31-2006, 05:41 PM

You guys are thinking about this too hard. If you want to do a heath/wellness/diet pill site, then by all means go for it. The point of this project is to learn a little bit about how search engines work, how to promote a website, and hopefully have a few people click on our ads or buy our crap.
The topic was chosen by the group. It would be awesome if everyone could find something to do and participate, but I know some of you probably won't be interested enough to do so. It would be nice if some of you with extra ideas could post them here for some of the non-money people to pick up. Maybe they could find something to write about.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:08 PM

Ok guys, I think this is an awesome idea but there's quite a lot missing from the plan. I've been playing about in this area for a while so I thought I'd share some ideas.

First of all there seems to be a lot of interest in this and you should be able to leverage the numbers to reduce the initial costs. There is no reason everyone needs to get separate hosting for example. At the very least pair/team up and share some hosting. Better yet someone should sign up for some reseller hosting and hook everyone up for cheap. Hell, if you can guarantee me a bunch signs up I'll organise it and be able to give you webhosting for $10 or so for a year and probably an awesome deal on domain names too.

Next up, site details. Everyone seems to be planning the content for their site but that is only part of the picture. You're not going to magically get traffic to a site if you put up some content. At the very least you'll need to do some SEO (search engine optimization) but even then it's unlikely more than a couple of you guys will hit a good enough spot to drag in the traffic. What you need is a plan to get people to your site and make them want to tell other people - viral marketing!

Let's take a basic idea as an example. You organise 2 pdfs containing loads of information about your given niche. You give the first one away and say on the site that they get the second one if they refer five people. Then you promote the site (and free pdf) on related forums. NOT spamming them but taking part, learning about the niche and putting a link to your site in your sig.

Imagine if you saw a signiature on 2+2 (ok so we don't have them, but if we did) Free poker books, articles and advice just visit www.SomePokerSite.com. Wouldn't you click it and at least check it out!

So now every person who checks out your site is predisposed towards liking the first pdf and wanting the second one, so they tell other people that want them etc. Good idea huh?!

Ok, so you've got people coming to your site, they want what you've got and they're telling other people to get it. So what now, how do we take advantage of this?

You could chuck adsense on your site and probably make a few bucks a month from it but its not exactly going to be awesome money. Now it's time to think of things you can sell to people. Affiliate products, membership to a community site built around the niche and more.

Right, that's some ideas to get everyone started. Any questions?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:30 PM

Great ideas. This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping would come out of this project.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:06 PM

You can make major money from adsense. 10K a day sound like a few bucks a month?