Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 10:58 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" WSOP on ESPN thread (10/24) (1K NL and 50K HORSE)

It's hard to be a gentleman when you think you're going to lose out on a bracelet, again. Especially when it's someone who pushes dark and catches a higher two pair on you.

Edit: Where's the penalty for the card going off the table?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to be a gentleman when you think you're going to lose out on a bracelet, again. Especially when it's someone who pushes dark and catches a higher two pair on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Though it's odd. One minute Gale gets sucked out on. After commercial break, he has a 3:1 chip advantage.

And that bet in the dark...wtf?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Though it's odd. One minute Gale gets sucked out on. After commercial break, he has a 3:1 chip advantage.

And that bet in the dark...wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Premier took the lead on hand 87 (pushing in dark with 10-8), the tournament ended on hand 175.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:15 PM

Hah, I was Maros (Premier) the first hand when I shoved dark with T8 I was committed to the pot no matter what turned I think I had around 200k left with over 500k in the pot. They missed a CRAPLOAD Of HU hands, I doubled him back up 44 vs 88 among others, I had him down to 200k at one point. Then the final hand I had something like 250k to start the hand, I put in 90k pf and of course im committed to shoving anything that flops. Oh well always next year!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:21 PM

Kev, do you know if they're showing Phil Hellmuth's win instead of the $2,000 tourney that features all no names or showing both together like Johnny Chan's last year along with the HORSE tourney next week?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:29 PM

They showed Hellmuth winning bracelet #10 during the $2,500 PL event. I assume Oliver may know if they're going with 2 hours of HORSE or doing the 2k NL and HORSE for 1 hour each.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hah, I was Maros (Premier) the first hand when I shoved dark with T8 I was committed to the pot no matter what turned I think I had around 200k left with over 500k in the pot. They missed a CRAPLOAD Of HU hands, I doubled him back up 44 vs 88 among others, I had him down to 200k at one point. Then the final hand I had something like 250k to start the hand, I put in 90k pf and of course im committed to shoving anything that flops. Oh well always next year!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel you were pot-committed enough on both hands (which evidently were 80 hands apart in real time?), why not push on the round BEFORE the blind bet?

I wasn't sure what you were trying to accomplish in either case.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:30 AM

I got the feeling tonight was the final episode (although I just skimmed it). They wrapped up POY, they showed the Hellmuth clip, and they didn't say "see you next time" at the end. I doubt if HORSE would make very good television anyway.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel you were pot-committed enough on both hands (which evidently were 80 hands apart in real time?), why not push on the round BEFORE the blind bet?

I wasn't sure what you were trying to accomplish in either case.

[/ QUOTE ]

pot limit
Old 10-25-2006, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the feeling tonight was the final episode (although I just skimmed it). They wrapped up POY, they showed the Hellmuth clip, and they didn't say "see you next time" at the end. I doubt if HORSE would make very good television anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but they're only showing the final table of HORSE which is all No Limit Holdem. Plus the table is all recognizable names and big name pros so I'm pretty sure they're going to show it.