Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 04:18 PM

Default Re: ted forrest=BUSTO!

[ QUOTE ]

ac·ro·nym (kr-nm) Pronunciation Key
n.
A word formed from the initial letters of a name, such as WAC for Women's Army Corps

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize you prove yourself wrong here, since WAC: Women's Army Corps::POTE:Badugi/Omaha8/2-7/Stud8. It has nothing to do with how you would "say" it. An acronym is where you take the first letter of lots of words and make it into one word. An abbreviation is where you take one word and shorten it. "POTE" is an acronym, "abbrev" is an abbreviation.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Tom intentionally trying to be a retard, or has he achieved new downey status?

[/ QUOTE ]

hes always been this dumb
Old 10-15-2006, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, it really annoys me that you would state ted forrest as being busto almost as if it were fact. youre basing your statement on virtually nothing. you saw the man playing 400/800 and yet think hes shortstacking 20/40nl because hes not rolled for the game? obviously thats ridiculous unless he lost a major chunk of his roll in the 4/8. maybe he didnt think it was worth his time to grind 20/40nl with a deep stack. maybe he just wanted to get some experience playing with a shortstack for when he plays hsnl and there were no better games worth playing at the time. maybe he just likes to donk around at low limits sometimes and 20/40nl is low for him. i know plenty of people who like to donk around at 1/2nl from time to time, yet i guess they arent busto but if ted forrest sits in a 20/40nl game he clearly is.

ted forrest has a very reputable reputation in the poker world. i see no reason to diminish it based on the bs reasoning youve just listed. if you were to use a question mark in your title instead of an exclamation mark your post would at least be a bit more fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I simply can't identify with being sucked in enough by the original post to waste the keystrokes typing this.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
great so some guy attempts to slander a respected poker pro by creating bs rumors about him? lock pls

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-15-2006, 10:18 PM

So busto that he was playing TLK yesterday! Dont remember if it was 500/1k or 1k/2k
Old 10-15-2006, 10:32 PM

I recently heard of a high stakes game that TStoneMBD may or may not have played in. Thus, I can only conclude that TStone is busto.

(Mods, feel free to start a new thread for this discussion. K thx)
Old 10-16-2006, 03:15 AM

Ted Forrest is so broke, I heard he was giving T.J. Cloutier hand jobs for meal money a couple weeks after the WSOP
Old 10-16-2006, 07:18 AM

tom,

Consider that regardless of how you say it, Scuba is still an acronym.

Then consider never trying to correct someone again to save yourself the embarrassment.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tom,

Then consider never trying to correct someone again to save yourself the embarrassment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not it belongs in an NVG thread, Tom's actually (mostly) right here. TPOE, not pronounced as a word, is not strictly speaking an acronym. ("Initialism" is a correct, if stuffy, term.)

Trust me.

--Nate
Old 10-16-2006, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tom,

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not it belongs in an NVG thread, Tom's actually (mostly) right here. TPOE, not pronounced as a word, is not strictly speaking an acronym. ("Initialism" is a correct, if stuffy, term.)

Trust me.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Note that all acronyms are abbreviations, but not all abbreviations are acronyms.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ship it, dummies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initialism