Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Need Coffee Advice

Target and Wal-Mart should have french presses. I've been a coffee drinker for years, and dont use the french press because i usually get a little sediment for each cup. Maybe I have a bad/old one (bodum). Also, its something else to wash every time you use it. I only clean my coffee pot about once a week.

Coffee: Go to grocery store, see if starbucks makes a packaged hazelnut coffee. If not, see which one is about the same price ($10 ish). Make sure you dont get decaffinated!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:51 AM

French press takes up the least room, requires no filters, and makes excellent coffee.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:05 AM

Default It is hard to beat.........

......a Mr Coffee.
They are cheap, proven, reliable, and easy to use.
My has lasted years. My sister bought my father 'fancier' coffee makers two XMas in a row. Both of them 'crapped-out'. Neither lasted the whole year. If you get a Mr Coffee with the caraffe make sure you microwave some hot water to pour into the caraffe. This will heat the caraffe. Dump the water and brew your coffee into the heated caraffe. Only a coffee noob would brew hot coffee in a cold caraffe....

Also, when you buy filters I prefer the unbleached ones. The bleached ones are white and unbleached are the original brown paper color. It doesn't change the taste but why risk ingesting minute amounts of bleach just so you can have pretty white paper to filter your coffee?

Also, I prefer buying whole beans and buying a coffee grinder. A French Roast is a good choice. If your woman likes cream and sugar, go buy some whole cream and some brown sugar. Also a little cinnamon in the coffee is a nice touch.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:17 AM

Default I Don\'t Like French Presses

[ QUOTE ]
and dont use the french press because i usually get a little sediment for each cup.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen....getting coffe grounds in my coffee is a big turn-off. Plus it is a LOT easier to clean a Mr Coffee drip machine. French presses are for chicks/gay guys who think they are cool... Do NOT, buy a French Press, your woman may start to question your masculinity.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2006, 11:18 AM

Do you guys know anything about the claims that French press coffee elevates your levels of "bad" cholesterol while drip coffee doesn't (supposedly beause the stuff that gets filtered out in a regular coffee filter removes some of the good taste from French press coffee but also the stuff that is bad for you)?
Old 09-29-2006, 11:51 AM

This probably goes without saying, but don't forget to use bottled water, not tap. And give it a test run before she gets there- you don't want to be fumbling around when you brew it up. While some women find clumsily-inept charming and cute, most prefer guys who know what they're doing.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:03 PM

Old 09-29-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole posting cute pictures with no expanations annoys me. Thanks for the advice, now what the hell is it?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-29-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: I Don\'t Like French Presses

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and dont use the french press because i usually get a little sediment for each cup.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen....getting coffe grounds in my coffee is a big turn-off. Plus it is a LOT easier to clean a Mr Coffee drip machine. French presses are for chicks/gay guys who think they are cool... Do NOT, buy a French Press, your woman may start to question your masculinity.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

French press coffee is for people who like the taste of coffee. Also, it's hilarious to claim it's for gay men when you're the one who doesn't like a couple of grounds in your coffee. Masculinity irony.