Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 02:36 AM

Default Re: So my brother\'s girlfriend got raped last night ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She cheated on your brother, this is her excuse to cover it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always possible in situations like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems extremely unlikely since she was passed the fukc out and people saw her being carried like a sack of potatoes

NT
Old 09-24-2006, 03:08 AM

I'm not sure but getting the mob involved seems like the only likely ending to this.

Sorry to hear this.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:20 AM

1. If she did get raped you all have my sympathys.

2. Press charges.

3. You do not know for SURE she got raped. It it possible she did willingly cheat on him (maybe) or the guy never even had sex with her (doubt it).

IMO it is difficult be drunk+awake and not be able to tell someone you don't wanna have sex unless there were other drugs involved.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:32 AM

nottom,

My condolences. Stuff like this pisses me off. Going the legal way is the high road, and should be done. Just tell his arresting officers the details, and they will take care of the rest if they are cool.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:41 AM

Old 09-24-2006, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She cheated on your brother, this is her excuse to cover it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always possible in situations like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if that were the case here the guy would admit to having sex with her and say "Yeah, she was all for it." Instead he denys doing anything.

From my understanding hospitals can get dna samples, but a lot of women shower/wash off and that can eliminate the evidence. That's partially why rape convictions can be pretty tough.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

go to the police, file charges, and do not give up on this. get there quickly, get physical evidence if possible, etc. if you can get a conviction on this guy, his life is ruined.

whatever happens, you can't let scum like that get off scott free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, hes smart enough to know better than to go kick the guys ass and end up being the one who gets in trouble. The problems is the girl doesn't want to press charges. Pressuring her about it doesn't seem like a good choice, so if she doesn't come to her sences what can he do that won't end up getting himself arrested.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were your brother, I would make sure I have all the evidence I need (DNA, signed affidavits or other testimony + contact info, every detail possible written down) so that if/when she does decide to press charges, it will not be too late.

The majority of women do not press charges for rape for one reason or another, but if she decides she wants to in the future, that [censored] needs to burn.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your brother is doing the right thing. She really needs to file charges, but she is in shock and it's going to be hard for her. Going to the hospital is the right thing to do.

He should also avoid making the incident about him or talking about how he's going to kill the guy, etc. Even if he is going to kill the guy. She has already been victim to one act of violence and likely doesn't want any more to take place.

Sorry to hear about this man.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Rarely does such a correct post appear so early in a thread.

All the other OOTiots don't have a f--king clue what's going on. They each spent a grand total of sixty seconds thinking about the complexity of the relationship and supplied their knee-jerk reactions. The correct answer is always a lot more subtle and careful than OOT suggests.

Asking OOT for girl advice is like taking a music class at the school for the deaf.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:29 AM

Old 09-24-2006, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, they were at a party last night and she got completely wasted, she's a freshman so is still likely finding her limits with alcohol. After much puking with my bro holding her hair like the good boyfriend he is, he helps her over to a coach were she passes out immediately. There are other people of both sexes also passed out in the room at this point where ever they happened to have space to lay down. My brother isn't really tired so he decided to go outside and get some air or something.

After a little while he said he got a weird feeling and decided to go back inside, and noticed his GF was gone. After checking the bathroom and elsewhere in the apt he asked around and some chick said that "Danny took her". (For whatever reason, this didn't seem alarming to him or maybe it did ... details are fuzzy at this point)

Anyway, apparently this guy (a friend of a friend type) had just picked her up over is shoulder and carried her back to his place while she was completely passed out. She "wakes up" and although she realizes what is going on is too drunk to do anything about it. The next morning, the guy tells her "all I did was give you a back massage" and insists that nothing happened yet can't even get simple facts straight such as where each of them supposedly slept (he claimed she slept on the couch despite the fact she woke up in his bed).

Jumping ahead since I have no clue what happened next, after some convincing my brother gets her to go down and file a police report but she refused to press any charges. Last I heard they were at the hospital where she was getting al the various tests for STDs and whatnot taken care of.

So my question to you, what should my brother's course of action be at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Marine with a sister and a vicious temper you have 2 options...if it was rape then he must die. if it could be construed as something other than rape then you take a sharp knife, find this guy and slice every single cord,ligament,etc or whatever the [censored] behind his knee... I guarantee that hurts kinda bad.