Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2006, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Radical Islam vs. Radical Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
The Christian radicals want to blow up the world and bring about the apocaplyse, what OBL wants to do is small potatoes in comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are these people? You claim you are basing your views on rational thought, then you make statements like this. The neo-cons who have huge influence over this administration are comprised mostly of old WASPy mainline protestant stock and a handful of Jews. I seriously doubt they sit around at their meetings with the Bible open to the book of Revelation.

Are there Americans who believe the end is near? Sure. There always have been. To say there is some sinister secret plot to blow up the world to accomplish this is utter nonsense. Sorry.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Christian radicals want to blow up the world and bring about the apocaplyse, what OBL wants to do is small potatoes in comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are these people? You claim you are basing your views on rational thought, then you make statements like this. The neo-cons who have huge influence over this administration are comprised mostly of old WASPy mainline protestant stock and a handful of Jews. I seriously doubt they sit around at their meetings with the Bible open to the book of Revelation.

Are there Americans who believe the end is near? Sure. There always have been. To say there is some sinister secret plot to blow up the world to accomplish this is utter nonsense. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

The evidence is out there - there are End Timers with a lot of influence who are trying to bring about the right 'mixture' of the book of revelations so that the second coming happens.

If they are wrong about this, and all evidence says they are entirely wrong, there are a group of people who are either litterally or indirectly bringing about instability in the environment to middle east politics and many things in between.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The evidence is out there - there are End Timers with a lot of influence who are trying to bring about the right 'mixture' of the book of revelations so that the second coming happens.

If they are wrong about this, and all evidence says they are entirely wrong, there are a group of people who are either litterally or indirectly bringing about instability in the environment to middle east politics and many things in between.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well you could start by showing us this so called evidence you have...

*waits for something from theorocracywatch.org*
Old 09-18-2006, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if there is or is not a "plot". That is irrelevant.

By the way the vast majority of born again Christian thinks we are in the end of days, as central to being a born again Christian is the notion of the rapture. How many Born again Christians do you think are in positions of power and influence? Lets do a check of endtimers policy wants:

1: American support of Israil CHECK
2: War in Iraq CHECK
3: Denial of Global Warming and administrative failure to act on it (Even though they believe in it as an act of God to hasten about the end times) CHECK
4: Disengangement with the UN (The Anti Christ will be the SG of the UN) CHECK

I am only concerned with the destructive ambition of the two groups of radicals. One group wants to blow up infrastructure, the other wants to literaly blow up the entire world. Due to the simple fact that they want to blow up more stuff I am therefore more afraid of them.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could count the number of Radical Christians I have heard of that want to murder people on my fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is they dont want to murder anyone, because they expect god to do all the murdering for them post rapture.

The differance between radical Islamics and radical Christians (at least born again christains aka endtimers) who believe it is now the end of days, is that the former mearly want to convert everyone to Islam, the latter want to use their power and influnece to try and help instigate the apocalypse.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think the president of Iran is trying to do? His plan is to unite the worlds 10 billion muslims into this goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 09-18-2006, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think the president of Iran is trying to do? His plan is to unite the worlds 10 billion muslims into this goal.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) You have no proof Iran is trying to unite the muslim world
2) The american government placed the Iranian government in control
3) There are not even 10 billion people in the world, let alone muslims.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Read some of the Presidents speeches. You can search on google. Any evidence is apparent.
2. We placed Saddam in control to and look how that turned out. No one is denying that some of our middle eastern policies are screwed up.
3. I meant 1 Billion, 1.2 to be exact.

President Ahmadinejad qoutes

“Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury,”

“We believe that atomic energy is a blessing given by God,”

“no doubt the new wave [of attacks] in Palestine will soon wipe off this disgraceful blot from the face of the Islamic world.”

"We ask the West to remove what they created sixty years ago and if they do not listen to our recommendations, then the Palestinian nation and other nations will eventually do this for them."

"Remove Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations."

"Israel is a tyrannical regime that will one day will be destroyed."

"[There is] no significant need for the United States."

"We increasingly see that people around the world are flocking towards a main focal point - that is the Almighty God. My question for you is, 'Do you not want to join them?'"

These qoutes were found with a quick google search. There are scarier ones.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:44 AM

maybe its time you became more affraid of radical Islam .
Old 09-18-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
President Ahmadinejad qoutes

“Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury,”

“We believe that atomic energy is a blessing given by God,”

“no doubt the new wave [of attacks] in Palestine will soon wipe off this disgraceful blot from the face of the Islamic world.”

"We ask the West to remove what they created sixty years ago and if they do not listen to our recommendations, then the Palestinian nation and other nations will eventually do this for them."

"Remove Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations."

"Israel is a tyrannical regime that will one day will be destroyed."

"[There is] no significant need for the United States."

"We increasingly see that people around the world are flocking towards a main focal point - that is the Almighty God. My question for you is, 'Do you not want to join them?'"

[/ QUOTE ]
Notice how almost all these quotes are concerning the fact that after WW2 America and European nations decided to take away the palestinian state and replace it with israel?
[ QUOTE ]
2. We placed Saddam in control to and look how that turned out. No one is denying that some of our middle eastern policies are screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ] That's my whole point. All these problems are being caused by American Interventionalism! Stop screwing with them and they won't screw with us.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Notice how almost all these quotes are concerning the fact that after WW2 America and European nations decided to take away the palestinian state and replace it with israel?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't reconize Israel has a right to exist? Do you view Hezbollah as a terrorist group? Better yet as Islamic extremist? A group known for kidnapping and killing innocents.

[ QUOTE ]
That's my whole point. All these problems are being caused by American Interventionalism! Stop screwing with them and they won't screw with us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on. You don't buy into that, The U.S. has done it to itself crap do you? I think you should reread these quotes. Look up his speeches. Whats the main word they use? 'Infidel'? Look that word up. Islamic extremeist are the ones waging a holy war. They are the ones looking to bring an apocolyptic state to the world. They want an Islamic world. Look up Islam's 12th Imam if you wish to learn more. This is something Irans President has mentioned many of times.

Here you go, this is quote I was looking for.

"Our revolution's main mission is to pave the way for the reappearance of the 12th Imam, the Mahdi. Therefore, Iran should become a powerful, developed and model Islamic society. Today, we should define our economic, cultural and political policies based on the policy of Imam Mahdi's return. We should avoid copying the West's policies and systems."--Ahmadinejad
Old 09-18-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you don't reconize Israel has a right to exist?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, being that I'm an anarchist I don't recognize ANY state's right to exist. However, I believe Israel has even less legitamacy because after WW2 American and european governments displaced palestine and propped up Israel. This isn't an opinion, it happened.
[ QUOTE ]
Do you view Hezbollah as a terrorist group? Better yet as Islamic extremist? A group known for kidnapping and killing innocents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I do. Why wouldn't I?
[ QUOTE ]
Oh come on. You don't buy into that, The U.S. has done it to itself crap do you?

[/ QUOTE ]
The west started the Isaeli conflict. The US government put Sadam in control. The US provided Saadam with the weapons that we would later invade them for having. The US government put the current religious extremists that run Iran in control. US battleships and carriers sit in the gulf making sure those bad A-rabs keep selling us oil. I could go on and on.

Sure seems that way to me.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should reread these quotes. Look up his speeches. Whats the main word they use? 'Infidel'? Look that word up. Islamic extremeist are the ones waging a holy war. They are the ones looking to bring an apocolyptic state to the world. They want an Islamic world. Look up Islam's 12th Imam if you wish to learn more. This is something Irans President has mentioned many of times.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, there are Islamic extremists that want to covert the world to Islam. However, the US government has empowered them in two big ways-
1) propping up despot regimes like Iraq and Iran
2) It's actions against the Islamic world fuel anti-Americanism and creates a demand for terrorism.

Anyone looking at this issue as a "Us vs. them" arguement is being close minded. Both sides have commited wrongs. Invading nations and killing people is only going to make us more hated and create a higher and higher demand for terrorism against us.