Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 05:34 PM

Default Re: You misspelled \"Sklansky\"

[ QUOTE ]
Since this is their purpose, and is what they do, and there is such a large audience here, I can't understand why they refuse to do this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

What we know:

1) The PPA has spent 220K on a lobbying firm.

2) That, accroding to insiders on this forum, Bolcerek and his staff have met with members of the Senate and Congress on the issue.

3) Those same insiders claim that it would be unwise and abnormal for the PPA to divulge much of the information you claim they should about their lobbying strategy.

4) The PPA coordinated and paid for an expensive phone blitz which appears to have been succesful.

6) The majority of the PPA's operating capital comes from online poker sites and not individual members. (Which is important because if they were misusing funds it wouldn't be money taken out of the pockets of its members).

7) There is zero proof that the PPA has done anything illegal or untrustworthy. However, the PPA has undertaken a number of actions which have helped our cause.

8) That you are being obstinate about this and won't change your mind regardless of the information presented to you about why you are wrong.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:56 PM

Mason,
I do appreciate this website and the work that you do. However, much like Mr. K said, a blast PM or email to all subscribers would have been - and to some degree still is - warranted here. No one is asking you to lend a hand to the PPA. We just want you to do something. Make an effort. I'm no legal expert, but I can put together an email directing people to the legislation forum, and to contact information for their congressman. Also, would it have killed 2p2 to put a couple quick links on the front page to this information? IMO there is no excuse for not doing this. How long would it have taken? An hour? It has been stated that 2p2 doesn't owe its subscribers anything. Technically this is true, but 2p2 is nowhere without the poker community that buys its books and populates this website allowing them to sell advertising. This lack of action is betrayal in the first degree if you ask me. Do you have any reason that you couldn't have done these things?
Old 09-16-2006, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since this is their purpose, and is what they do, and there is such a large audience here, I can't understand why they refuse to do this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

What we know:

1) The PPA has spent 220K on a lobbying firm.

2) That, accroding to insiders on this forum, Bolcerek and his staff have met with members of the Senate and Congress on the issue.

3) Those same insiders claim that it would be unwise and abnormal for the PPA to divulge much of the information you claim they should about their lobbying strategy.

4) The PPA coordinated and paid for an expensive phone blitz which appears to have been succesful.

6) The majority of the PPA's operating capital comes from online poker sites and not individual members. (Which is important because if they were misusing funds it wouldn't be money taken out of the pockets of its members).

7) There is zero proof that the PPA has done anything illegal or untrustworthy. However, the PPA has undertaken a number of actions which have helped our cause.

8) That you are being obstinate about this and won't change your mind regardless of the information presented to you about why you are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent Post.

Joining the PPA was a riskless transaction. At least they are doing something.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Re: What some of you don\'t get

the fact that others are doing something is no excuse to do nothing. The fact that people may know what they think (or should think) is no excuse not to be vocal about it. Sure, we know what they think, but do the senators and others who matter when it comes to this bill know? Does the general public know? i doubt it. there is no excusing this lack of action. And MM, please stop criticising the PPA as a response to everything, that is no longer the issue here. The PPA and how they operate are completely unrelated to your utter lack of notable action on this issue.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Mat, David, Mason...where are you?

If anyone is willing to write me a brief and informative sticky laying out the facts and what actions should be taken I would be willing to put it up in OOT for the week. It is by far the largest forum on 2+2. I would do so but I have just started following this and doubt I know enough right now to do so effectively.

thanks
[censored]
Old 09-16-2006, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone is willing to write me a brief and informative sticky laying out the facts and what actions should be taken I would be willing to put it up in OOT for the week. It is by far the largest forum on 2+2. I would do so but I have just started following this and doubt I know enough right now to do so effectively.

thanks
[censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored],

Just sticky the thread I put up in OOT about an hour ago.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:39 PM

Nice, I didn't see that. Thanks!

also added to Politics and The Dorm
Old 09-16-2006, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

thanks
[censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone knows the process and is willing to post it..please do so. Something that I strongly recommend, put it into lamens terms. The majority(I may be speaking out of turn here) of us have very little understanding of the political process and we need this bill broken down or rephrased. I would like to suggest it for all the other forums on 2+2. I think one informative post that is copied and stickied to each forum is an excellent idea.

To the 2+2 authors, your claim of ignorance and the legal issues is no excuse for your apathy. To all the players out there actually doing something about this....thank you.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice, I didn't see that. Thanks!

also added to Politics and The Dorm

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate, [censored], awesome work. I will call on Monday and I think hundreds of other poster who wouldn't have otherwise will as well.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:46 PM

The reponses in this thread from Mason are sad. He doesn't seem to care that WE are the ones that will suffer if the bill passes. WE are the same ones that bought his books. WE are the ones that helped pay for HIS livelyhood.

Of course, at least, Mason had the guts to come out and say something, unlike Sklansky.

Your forum/book sales won't be nearly as good without the US players, so why not show us some support?

Stop being pussies.