Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 08:36 PM

Default Re: do you have ambitions?

I don't have much ambition to play higher. I most enjoy being dominant in a live game. Guess that's worth more than money. But it does get stale playing 5-10 locally (our highest), and playing 10-handed is like watching reruns on tv. It kills time and scratches an itch, but isn't all that much fun. In a just world there would be 25-50 spread live everywhere. With a $10 ante and an eight-seat cap.

All you who say that people who don't play high can't are right, but only 99% of the time. The 1% exists, and it includes me and at least a couple others on this board.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Judging from your post in this thread, you are probably quite good at poker and you are probably also a superficial douchebag. I would rather be able to act half my age than make a little more money and have everyone hate me, which is probably the case with someone who feels they needs to make lots of money to meet hot girls or be respected.

Anyway have fun making lots of money, marrying some gold digger, and then ending up with half of it. In the meantime, [censored] you.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. chill man, chill.

Btw, you may be right that im superficial douchebag... I cant help that... But i have come to accept it and learned to live with it, trying to make the best of it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

also why would i ever ever get married??? Even the prettiest girl on earth gets ugly sooner or later...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nezzar, I really hope that half of what you're saying is a joke cuz otherwise you may come to find life to be pretty rough on somewhat with that mindset. You'll have the money and the fame and the women, and come to find that absolutley none of it is really making you as happy as you imagined it should. There's only so much I want to post here, but I hope you mature before you hit it big.

Kirk
Old 09-15-2006, 10:00 PM

I want to run at 5bbx100 for the next 2 years at every level I play.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:08 PM

I am fairly ambitious I guess, altho I am probably slightly nittier than most of the high stakes regs (1/2+) when it comes to bankroll and variance. I think you really need a lot of gamble in you to play these stakes, and I wont be comfortable up there until I have around a million dollars to play with. I think a lot of players around the 25/50 level could play higher, but the lessons are VERY expensive.

-Mike
Old 09-16-2006, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nezzar, I really hope that half of what you're saying is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

My grandfather always said its only half a joke if not half of what you joke about is true [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2006, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the bankroll for 100-200 200-400 but I wont be playing even 25-50 anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

how big is your bankroll?
Old 09-16-2006, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Judging from your post in this thread, you are probably quite good at poker and you are probably also a superficial douchebag. I would rather be able to act half my age than make a little more money and have everyone hate me, which is probably the case with someone who feels they needs to make lots of money to meet hot girls or be respected.

Anyway have fun making lots of money, marrying some gold digger, and then ending up with half of it. In the meantime, [censored] you.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. chill man, chill.

Btw, you may be right that im superficial douchebag... I cant help that... But i have come to accept it and learned to live with it, trying to make the best of it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

also why would i ever ever get married??? Even the prettiest girl on earth gets ugly sooner or later...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nezzar, I really hope that half of what you're saying is a joke cuz otherwise you may come to find life to be pretty rough on somewhat with that mindset. You'll have the money and the fame and the women, and come to find that absolutley none of it is really making you as happy as you imagined it should. There's only so much I want to post here, but I hope you mature before you hit it big.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be correct, but it sounds like you are repeating alot of [censored] you heard on TV.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:51 AM

Nezzer, I like your style and would like to be your fanboy. plz become the next big thing in high stakes poker
Old 09-16-2006, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol. chill man, chill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate people like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

and he doesn't give a rat's ass about you. fair deal, eh?
Old 09-16-2006, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause
I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Teach Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside
Pokemon!