Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Who wants a sweat in HSP next season.

[ QUOTE ]
I love how you berate a guy (Randy), who have won over a million $ at tournaments.

me/waits for all the replys: WTF does THAT prove, moron?!?!" etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does catch a lot of crap around here. He probably knows and plays better than me for the most part.

To me he seems like the guy that busts out early or does pretty good. He got his 2nd in Tunica a couple years ago for a big chunk of change.

I also don't want to base my opinions on his play from a few televised hands. Maybe he plays perfect 99% of the time and the people behind the cameras have it out for him and only show his bad decisions.

I've seen him in at least 3 tourneys in the past month where he called a bet or went all in with the worst of it. Last night he said he KNEW VVP had nothing. With Axx flop he called VVP's nothing (BTW nothing equals AK) with A9. Then goes all in with QJ in either early or MP in the WSOP ME.

There has definetly been more but my memory escapes me right now.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:41 AM

Default Randy Jensen (QJ push AQ call)

There is no way this guy is close to a world class player. His actions in that QJ hand tell the story. AQ is way ahead of Randy's range and it was a small piece of the guys stack.

Calling an all-in with only 2 people left to act for a small piece of your stack when u are (far) ahead of the short stacks pushing range is incredibly standard and for u to question the call shows a clear misunderstanding of basic poker concepts. You questioned it on TV no matter how u word it, and now u questioned it on the board so dont try to talk your way out of it.

I realize that cash games are different than tournaments, but for a player whose only claim to fame is a 2nd place in a donkament in 2004 I dont trust your cash game skills even close to enough to beat HSP.

Two more things...

1. HSP is not a live show, so if u have a piece of Randy u are going to want to know the results in real-time...not in a month or so when the taping happens.

2. They dont show all the hands on HSP nor do they keep an accurate tally of how everyone is doing. So sweating wouldnt be all that special cause u only see key hands.

All in all it is a horrible idea for anyone to give Randy Jensen any money to play on this show. He seems like an idiot to me from everything I have seen or heard from him.

Dids your initial reaction was correct
Old 09-14-2006, 11:06 AM

I was watching the PPT last night. I'm wondering what your thought process was in calling and AI with A9? I'm serious about hearing about your thoughts as you called. You can PM me if your concerned about being flamed.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was watching the PPT last night. I'm wondering what your thought process was in calling and AI with A9? I'm serious about hearing about your thoughts as you called. You can PM me if your concerned about being flamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

"omgzzzzzzzzz top pair i will not be bluffed!"
Old 09-15-2006, 12:24 AM

Sorry, Randy. I would take a piece of you, but my money is tied up in a far better player...............Eric Molina.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is Randy Jensen?

[/ QUOTE ]

is the guy that sat out because he kept getting knocked out too soon in previous years?? memory is failing me...
Old 09-15-2006, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either way, I'd much prefer for HSP to be comprised entirely of accomplished professionals. I hate having to watch guys like Fred Chaminara and Jerry buss play.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm tired of watching these guys play. Just let the pros stick around.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lawman...
It was the Stu Ungar bio by Nolan Dalla...

Hey Randy, Want to make it to day 2, Just say no to QJ. Suited, unsuited, early, late... in a box, with a fox, on a train in a plane.... I will not can not play QJ again.....

[/ QUOTE ]

But it is such a cool looking hand. Its pretty.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Randy Jensen so unlikrable?

[/ QUOTE ]

I must just be a bad person who is not to be allowed around children.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I have noticed that there are a few(lot) of Randy Jensen detractors on here so there may be some people who feel confident betting against me.

Mostly if I did try to get a piece out it would be because I wanted to have a higher bankroll for the game. I will play on my own money that is no problem. But one of the producers questions was if I buy i for 100K (what I was planning on)

[/ QUOTE ]

Randy,

Serious question (not a hypothetical) from someone interested in booking your action.

If your current bankroll only allows for a single buy-in in this game, how would cover such a bet in the event you got stacked?

PM me if interested and we'll talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypothetically a crossbook can be for a percentage.