Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Amazing what my class had to say about 9/11

<font color="gray">Anyway since noone challenged this muslim chick I think the teacher should have done it, regardless of her opinion. </font>

Why? Because the other students don't have the balls to?

I like it when people are smug while saying something that is patently retarded.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="gray">Anyway since noone challenged this muslim chick I think the teacher should have done it, regardless of her opinion. </font>

Why? Because the other students don't have the balls to?

I like it when people are smug while saying something that is patently retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think one important part of college is teaching people to think critically about their own opinions and others, and anticipate reasonable questions or possible opposing viewpoints. That's why I think the teacher should be able to play devil's advocate here.

NT
Old 09-12-2006, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So an authority figure suggests that an absurd relationship "could" be true. Then somebody on the extreme end of the political spectrum recognizes that it is benificial to her cause, immediately believes it without credible proof and starts telling everybody its the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, just cause this chick has a head scarf on she's automatically an extremist. And she probably believed what she's saying way before the teacher opened his mouth, and is merely stating what has always been her opinion in an environment where it is encouraged.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Frank: "so who do you think responsible for 9/11?"

Fred: "I think it was a US government conspiracy and that the US ordered an attack on its own people."

Frank: "Wow dude, thats a pretty extreme view."

Fred: "Ooooh, so just cause my name is fred, that automatically makes me an extremist."
Old 09-12-2006, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This girl sounds like an ill informed sheep. There are always sheep on both sides. Thinking, objective people are few and far between. The sad thing is, most of you are sheep. The only difference between you and her is the sheppard you chose to blindly follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please go [censored] yourself, O Wise One.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at one point 70% of Americans thought that Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks. People are stupid. Oh, and if anybody believes the loose change video, show them this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have missed this time, because as I recall 70% of the entire country thought Bin Laden was behind 9/11 from about 2 seconds after the second plane hit until right now.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So an authority figure suggests that an absurd relationship "could" be true. Then somebody on the extreme end of the political spectrum recognizes that it is benificial to her cause, immediately believes it without credible proof and starts telling everybody its the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, just cause this chick has a head scarf on she's automatically an extremist. And she probably believed what she's saying way before the teacher opened his mouth, and is merely stating what has always been her opinion in an environment where it is encouraged.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Fred: "I think it was a US government conspiracy and that the US ordered an attack on its own people."

Fred: "Ooooh, so just cause my name is fred, that automatically makes me an extremist."

[/ QUOTE ]

Not JUST that she's labeled an extremist immediately, but that it is assumed she is ill-informed on the subject and just grasping at whatever the professor says and spouting something as it pops into her head. Again, it's equally if not more likely that she came into the room with those beliefs before some prof started parroting "Loose Change" in his classroom. It's amazing the motives people can read into the actions of total strangers when recounted second hand.

NT
Old 09-12-2006, 12:24 PM

I'm pretty conservative. I wouldn't disagree with the girl's critique that the U.S. basically pisses on most of the rest of the world. But the "Bin Laden is secretly working for the FBI" talk is ludicrous.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty conservative. I wouldn't disagree with the girl's critique that the U.S. basically pisses on most of the rest of the world. But the "Bin Laden is secretly working for the FBI" talk is ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, clearly he is working for the CIA, and it's only a secret in the US

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Not JUST that she's labeled an extremist immediately, but that it is assumed she is ill-informed on the subject and just grasping at whatever the professor says and spouting something as it pops into her head. Again, it's equally if not more likely that she came into the room with those beliefs before some prof started parroting "Loose Change" in his classroom. It's amazing the motives people can read into the actions of total strangers when recounted second hand.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only describing a general pattern of behavior, that is all too common. Small minority puts forth a radical position, uninformed majority goes with the flow, and the informed minority is to scared to do anything. The pattern can be found in just about ever political tragedy that has ever occured.

I'm assuming that she is ill-imformed, because i'm assuming that 9/11 wasn't an FBI conspiracy. If she has credible information to the contrary, I'd love to see it.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ppl die in middle east and you make big deal over a few hundred poeple

[/ QUOTE ]

well the earthquake in Pakistan last year was a much larger tragedy, its kind of an afterthought now, 70,000 does make 3300 seem a lot smaller

same goes for the tsunami 2years ago 230,000 plus so much destruction

the world is a [censored] up place

9/11 was a terrible event, but terrible things happen all the time