Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 12:19 AM

Default Re: holocaust funny september 11 not?

1. i dont think id find anything funny about sept 11 jokes as told by a "comedian."

2. i think OOT's idea of sept 11 humor is racist/religious rantings and who died and trying to minimize their deaths. there isnt exactly high brow humor in here.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:26 AM

thank you soooooo much for this and the website. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2006, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

exactly...anyone making jokes about either of these events obv has low intelligence and makes it easier for me to decide not to associate with him/her.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mind citing your source? As I was unaware that there was a study correlating these two, and let's remember that correlation does not equal causation.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dom,

acts of violence/hatred shouldn't be celebrated in any form IMO. however, i'm not against making fun of religions, races, or whwatever. the two are totally different.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does making a joke or making light of an event such as 9/11 celebrate the violence connected with the event? It doesn't. It may not give reverence for the dead, but in no way does it necessarily celebrate the violence.

I think it is funny that you are against celebrating hatred, but dont mind making fun of a persons religion or race, both of which usually involve furthering of hateful and close-minded stereotypes for the punch-line.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

exactly...anyone making jokes about either of these events obv has low intelligence and makes it easier for me to decide not to associate with him/her.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mind citing your source? As I was unaware that there was a study correlating these two, and let's remember that correlation does not equal causation.

[/ QUOTE ]

what you bolded is an example of correlation, not causation. but yes, good use there. [censored].
Old 09-12-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, this is not really a holocaust joke, but it is one of the funniest moments from loveline

(link)

clip is somewhat long, but worth a listen

mainly funny because of stupidity

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome, man I miss loveline soo much.

Its just not the same since adam left
Old 09-12-2006, 05:06 AM

2 things

1.Who’s a liberal to love — tasteless, sophomoric morons or prickly prigs of ethnic/racial/religious/etc. sensitivity? (One loses count of the taboos.) No contest. Humor is supposed to be offensive, or transgressive, in the postmodern patois. That’s how it overthrows the tyranny of tears foisted on the rest of us by fanatics who want to clamp all of life into the irons of their obsessions.

People can hate the Holocaust and revile racism, yet enjoy nasty jokes. Humanity is grander, more complicated, and, at times, more fun than egalitarian ideology. The stupid humor is not lamentable; the Nassau Weekly’s apology is. Free-spirited young people should not live on their knees.

JOHN ROEMER ’60
Parkton, Md.

2. From Duckman

Duckman: "I know you all came here to see Iggy Catalpa, because you think he's funny, because you like his style, because you just plain like him, right?

Crowd: YA!!

Duckman: "But, you just think you do, because you were manipulated into thinking you do, by him, King Chicken!

Crowd: (Gasp!)

Duckman: "He did it the same way they manipulate us into buying toothpaste, car wax, even politicians! All prepackaged. The least offensive, most appealing alternative. But it's precisely when humor is offensive that we need it most. Comedy should provoke! It should blast through prejudices, challenge preconceptions. Comedy should always leave you different then when it found you."

Crowd: (????)

King Chicken: "The rabble seems 'roused!"

Duckman: "Sure, humor can hurt, even alienate. But the risk is better than the alternative; A steady diet of innocuous, childproof, flavorless mush! Demand to be challenged, to be offended, to be treated like thinking, reasoning adults! And raise your children to be the same! Don't let a comedian, a network, a congressional committee, or an evil genius take away your freedom to laugh at whatever you want!"
Old 09-12-2006, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vanessa,

holocaust funny, fat chicks not??

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm bad analogies worthless, good responses not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vanessa,

'fat chick who died in the holocaust' jokes - funny or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahaha !!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:25 AM

it's all pretty damn funny
Old 09-12-2006, 08:49 AM

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think either are funny. But that's probably because people that I knew or people that were related to me died in both.