Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Beat: Just found out I have ADD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many kids with ADD does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

ANYONE WANT TO GO RIDE BIKES!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]
I found this to be [censored] hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-05-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not taking any medication and can work through it by simple will power. It's tough, but I'm too afraid of what Adderall will do to my body.

I just look for a motivating factor that'll help me get through situations. Also, lots of cigarettes.

[/ QUOTE ]
lmao
Old 09-05-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not taking any medication and can work through it by simple will power. It's tough, but I'm too afraid of what Adderall will do to my body.

I just look for a motivating factor that'll help me get through situations. Also, lots of cigarettes.

[/ QUOTE ]
lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you guys liked that. Only for twoplustwo.

What I meant to say was, I'm afraid how Adderall will effect my emotions or characteristics.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:57 PM

Graduating from law school is testament to the fact that you probably do not have an exceptional attentional problem. Not to mention that using law school classes or texts as a test for anyone's attentional threshold is hilariously naive. There probably wasn't a single person in your law school class who hadn't zoned out on numerous occasions. People with severe cases of ADD and ADHD can't read more than a couple sentences or parapraphs without their train of thought being constantly interrupted. It's possible that you have a mild attentional deficit, but as others have mentioned, it's a condition that has a wide range of severity. If you go to a psychiatrist they will almost certainly not officially diagnose you with "ADD." A lot of psychiatrists will nevertheless give you the option to take a small dose of ritalin or adderall. These stimulants without insurance will probably set you back a minimum of $3-$4/per day and possibly more if you require more than the minimum dosage.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Graduating from law school is testament to the fact that you probably do not have an exceptional attentional problem. Not to mention that using law school classes or texts as a test for anyone's attentional threshold is hilariously naive. There probably wasn't a single person in your law school class who hadn't zoned out on numerous occasions. People with severe cases of ADD and ADHD can't read more than a couple sentences or parapraphs without their train of thought being constantly interrupted. It's possible that you have a mild attentional deficit, but as others have mentioned, it's a condition that has a wide range of severity. If you go to a psychiatrist they will almost certainly not officially diagnose you with "ADD." A lot of psychiatrists will nevertheless give you the option to take a small dose of ritalin or adderall. These stimulants without insurance will probably set you back a minimum of $3-$4/per day and possibly more if you require more than the minimum dosage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I graduated from law school and went to an average of 2 classes a semester my last 2 years. I couldn't even make it past the first half of bar review and basically skated by. I've also been diagnosed by my stepdad, a clinical psychologist, who suggested Ritalin (I declined). So basically, I think your argument oh look bikes
Old 09-05-2006, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically, I think your argument oh look bikes

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:49 PM

This thread is wait is that a plane?
Old 09-05-2006, 06:52 PM

ahahhaha this thread went from ok to [censored] to awesome in the amount of time that it hey wanna race to the end of the street?
Old 09-05-2006, 06:55 PM

hilarious.