Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Does working full time (at a desk) make your pants smell more than going to school?
No, that's weird. 135 63.08%
Yes, I've experienced the same thing. 22 10.28%
I don't know, I'm still in school, or my job does not involve sitting at a desk all day. 57 26.64%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Should the tape of Steve Irwin\'s death be released to the news med

Looks like you might get your wish:

[ QUOTE ]
CROCODILE HUNTER DEATH TO BE BROADCAST?

LATEST: The footage of late Australian naturalist STEVE IRWIN being killed by a stingray could be shown on TV. Charismatic Irwin, dubbed the Crocodile Hunter after his internationally acclaimed TV show, died yesterday (04SEP06) while diving on Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Irwin was filming for a new documentary when he lost his life, and his cameraman shot the moment when the stingray's barbed tail stabbed the legendary conservationist through the heart. The tapes are currently being held by Queensland police - but Irwin's family are determined to respect his last wishes and allow the harrowing footage to be broadcast. Irwin once insisted, "My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. "Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me." An insider tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "This is exactly what Steve would have wanted. He knew the dangers and was totally up for the cameras to get everything."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-05-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you might get your wish:

[ QUOTE ]
CROCODILE HUNTER DEATH TO BE BROADCAST?

LATEST: The footage of late Australian naturalist STEVE IRWIN being killed by a stingray could be shown on TV. Charismatic Irwin, dubbed the Crocodile Hunter after his internationally acclaimed TV show, died yesterday (04SEP06) while diving on Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Irwin was filming for a new documentary when he lost his life, and his cameraman shot the moment when the stingray's barbed tail stabbed the legendary conservationist through the heart. The tapes are currently being held by Queensland police - but Irwin's family are determined to respect his last wishes and allow the harrowing footage to be broadcast. Irwin once insisted, "My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. "Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me." An insider tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "This is exactly what Steve would have wanted. He knew the dangers and was totally up for the cameras to get everything."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Discovery Channel owns the footage so regardless of what the family wants, I seriously doubt it will ever be aired/released.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:17 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing it ... for the perpouse of science of course.

But seriously, its no big deal that people are curious about it. There is nothing wrong about wanting to see this video or similar. It in no way means you enjoy the suffering of others (though that could be it for some), just curiousty thats all.

I heard before he died that he pulled out the shard from his chest, thats some powerfull stuff [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Oh, and of course this is going to get released, things like these get leaked easily.

Those comparing it the holocaust are pure idiots.

Thats all
Old 09-05-2006, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard before he died that he pulled out the shard from his chest, thats some powerfull stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Every report I've read on the incident stated that he died instantly. He was stabbed through the heart after all.....
Old 09-05-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Should the tape of Steve Irwin\'s death be released to the news media?

I'm neutral on it. I wouldn't go out of my way to view it (and I have avoided seeing the Berg video, FWIW)

Irwin took some risks, which is what made him famous. Ironic that something relatively docile as a stingray did him in.

Anyways, I'm not too into watching people die. I love watching people hurt/maim themselves by trying crazy stunts, but dying? I'll pass.

And, I would be surprised if this doesn't end up on the net.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Should the tape of Steve Irwin\'s death be released to the news media?

If it was the other way around and it was the stingray that got killed by Steve Irwin, nobody would care. You wouldn't see a headline of 'Stingray Steve Strikes Again' all over the newspapers. Video's of animals being killed are shown all over the world everyday and nobody gives a [censored], so why is it any different when one human dies on camera. Humans are weak, and after millions of years of our evolution, we still haven't got used to the reality of death.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it was the other way around and it was the stingray that got killed by Steve Irwin, nobody would care. You wouldn't see a headline of 'Stingray Steve Strikes Again' all over the newspapers. Video's of animals being killed are shown all over the world everyday and nobody gives a [censored], so why is it any different when one human dies on camera. Humans are weak, and after millions of years of our evolution, we still haven't got used to the reality of death.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaine...How's Ed?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it was the other way around and it was the stingray that got killed by Steve Irwin, nobody would care. You wouldn't see a headline of 'Stingray Steve Strikes Again' all over the newspapers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. You would actually see a headline of "Steve Strikes a Stingray!" because Steve Irwin didn't kill animals on his show.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:57 PM

Yes & Yes
Old 09-06-2006, 12:18 AM

grizzly man movie never shown was destroyed great movie