Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Re: $1k/day at MGM 1-2 NL?

I just got back on Saturday from a week playing at the MGM. I know variance was a big factor, but I averaged about $100/hr for the first 5 days playing 1/2. My $/hr dropped a little the last 2 days when villains had 3 river suckouts costing me about 1k. I still managed to win about $80/hr over the course of the week, and I didn't think that I was playing my best game or catching good cards.

Photoc's estimates on winrates seem a little low. I think those estimates are used for online games where the pot size is nowhere near the size of live pots. When the standard opening raise is $12-$25 and there are 4 callers, you're going to win some huge pots.

I think it's very possible to win $1k a day for a number of days. I doubt that it's possible to average that playing every day for a year, though.

I met and played with a couple of the regular "pros", but they were mostly older guys. I'm guessing they were retired and using poker income as additional income. I doubt there were many there making $100k/year.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: $1k/day at MGM 1-2 NL?

I have seen the 1/2 at MGM, and it is fatter than most.

I think the consensus is that the standard of deviation is too large to make some on commit to a 1K/day OVER THE LONG HAUL.

I would agree that in a good week, 7K is not impossible. 52K is a year is a virtual impossibility.