Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 06:43 PM

Default Re: 10/20 at Bellagio

i agree always playing them the same would be bad. i just figured since nothing was said about it it was an always raise situation.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if i want to create a large pot, which i think is a mistake here (or 3-betting the flop is your best bet), i would make my turn move based on whether or not i think he will bet if i check (if he will check behind more often than he bets, i would bet out).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with jk on this point. If you plan to bet the turn and create a big pot, why not just reraise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Re-raising the flop gives him a chance to push with big made hands and big draws alike, which we can't be happy about. Whereas by waiting for the turn, a heart might come and save us from a big made hand or we may be able to put more money into the pot with a lot more equity against a big draw on a blank turn than on the flop. Basically he can't make a big mistake on the flop, but we can, whereas he can make a big mistake on a blank turn if we play correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

but on the other hand there are a lot of turns that will look threatening to us that might not necessarily be, thus losing a lot of value, which is what makes it such a tough spot, because the flop is where you're going to get most of the value for a 2nd best hand, because he too, if hes behind may find a lot of turns/river threatening to his hand which will slow you both down.

i'm not saying stick it in and gamb00l, but i think letting him get any free cards is a mistake unless he has exactly KQ or a set.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I called. The turn was Td.

Pot - $1610
My stack - $2300
Opponent - Covers

[/ QUOTE ]

I check and fold to a resonable bet. Now even if he has JT he picked up more outs, you aren't going to really know if you are ahead or behind in the hand and he will extract the maximum when you are beat and lose the min when he is behind. I also doubt AK bets this turn, so it is unlikely that you are going to be bluffed by a worse hand value betting. That said it sucks becasue you will defenitly be folding the winner here at times, but out of position there really isn't much you can do.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I check and fold to a resonable bet. Now even if he has JT he picked up more outs, you aren't going to really know if you are ahead or behind in the hand and he will extract the maximum when you are beat and lose the min when he is behind. I also doubt AK bets this turn, so it is unlikely that you are going to be bluffed by a worse hand value betting. That said it sucks becasue you will defenitly be folding the winner here at times, but out of position there really isn't much you can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the thoughts. Sounds like good advice. So is there a turn card that you would bet? Or c/c his reasonable bet assuming this wasn't a T? If our plan is to c/f to any reasonable bet on the turn, why are we calling on the flop? To hope he checks behind us on the turn? Or we turn an A?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:26 PM

I agree with this, but i am curious, would you ever fold the flop here? I mean if the turn is complete dud and he fires any size bet, won't the same thing apply?