Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: How many 5 year-olds.....

I think a huge factor that many are not considering is stamina. It's hard work knocking out that many kids.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:03 AM

Okay, as a former soccer goalie, I think we all know how I would approach this. It would be like a cavalry charge. If you've ever watched a good goalie take a punt, you know that they do it basically in stride - and land on the opposite foot still going in the same direction. In other words, I run right through 'em, take off a head or two, and circle back.

The number would be higher than 30. It would take an absolutely perfect shot for a 5-year old to do any damage to me if I'm wearing a cup. Hence the only hope is to trip me up, and I have excellent balance.

Basically, the number would have to be small enough that they can't form a wall about four deep and close me in. As long as I could get about 15 feet of running room to make a turn and take another pass, I'd weed them out all day. So, you stack kindergardeners in a line across your average gym, with a little space between, that's what, 20 or 30 kids? I'd take two or three rows of 'em. Especially because there are the most of them when I'm the freshest and I'd pass through without a problem. If they swarm and leave a gap I go around 'em and pick one up as I swing by. Smash his little fuc<font color="purple"></font>kin skull on the pass and come back for more.

I've spent time working with kids and had three or four ten year olds try to tackle me at once. They didn't have a chance.

NT
Old 01-18-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's just individual hand to hand combat training, then the number would be relatively large, but if they are taught to attack cohesively as a unit, then I would say no more than 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I mean if they are just coming at you one at a time, I am thinking it is simply how many kicks to the face you can do before getting too tired.

But if they all come at you, and I mean really come after you, like a swarm of bees, then the number probably is closer to 30, maaaaaybe 40. They will be crowded around you too tight for you to get off any good kicks or punches, then it is just a matter of time before you lose enough blood from them biting you.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:20 AM

this is ridiculous. You have to be knocked unconscious. Not going to happen with a bunch o five year olds. Sure, they could probably pin you to the ground, and keep you there at a great expense to their numbers, but they probably still wouldnt knock you out. With that in mind, i say.....

All of them.

peace

john nickle
Old 01-18-2005, 01:23 AM

Damn NT, you are one sick mofo. I like your style. All I have to say is knees and elbos, knees and elbows. I would crack them skulls. Here is a pick of a 5 year old.

Now I ask Evan, do you really think it is in the single digits? That skull wouldn't stand a chance against a knee. They would go down like dominos. Knees and elbows, knees and elbows....

The biggest factor I think would be your stamina.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:24 AM

the answer to your question lies in the fact that this is also a picture of evan.....

peace

john nickle
Old 01-18-2005, 01:28 AM

w-

No need to bend down that far to use an elbow. Even a knee is a bit hazardous as you are going to have to slow down or at least take smaller steps in using it. These kids are really the perfect height for a kick to the face, and it's one-and-done if you get anything on it.

I used to have to kick 100 balls full force into the net at the end of every practice after doing some wind sprints. This is basically the same drill.

NT

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
After I seeing the stipulation about the cup, I think 30-35 is more reasonable, but if they are acting cohesively, that would still be pretty tough. Probably a couple of them would work their way behind you and get on the ground and like 7 or 8 of them would bull-rush you from the front forcing you to trip. Once you're on the ground, 4 or 5 of them would be responsible for securing each arm and leg, and the remaining ones would just stomp on your head until you are unconscious.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, the visual of a 5 year old stomping someone's head just made my day.

I don't think enough people are taking into effect the fact that there is almost no way for a 5 year old to rach above the average person's waist. It's not like 5 year olds are the best leapers in the world. So this means that they're always going for the legs. If a bunch of kids are going for my legs, I think I can run through quite a few of them.

My friends and I were discussing something like this last night, and decided that if Barry Sanders was in the apartment and had from the back bedroom to the living room door (about 15 feet) of space to pick up speed, even if he was coming out of a doorway, there was no way the 8 of us there could expect to stop him from reaching the other side of the room even 15% of the time. I think my strength advantage over a 5 year old is huge in relation to Barry Sanders and me. Add this to the fact that I think I can take out 8-10 kids while they are trying to get into groups after being randomly dispersed across the gym, and I think 30 is a reasonable guess.

I don't know what 1 hour of training is going to do for you, if you've had no previous training. You can't learn fancy ass punches and kicks and be able to use them effectively in 1 hour. Most people don't even know how make a proper fist.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is ridiculous. You have to be knocked unconscious. Not going to happen with a bunch o five year olds. Sure, they could probably pin you to the ground, and keep you there at a great expense to their numbers, but they probably still wouldnt knock you out. With that in mind, i say.....

All of them.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. People are seriously overestimating these 5 year olds. Unless they're some sort of ultra-smart 5 year olds that will actually learn from their training -- because most won't pick up much worth mentioning. I think the training actually gives YOU an edge. You'll learn more from it than the five year olds will.

Plus you'll have a strategic edge. They won't be able to think of strong group strategy, it'll just be chaotic pile-on. If you can plan an effective counter-strategy, you should have another solid edge.

Add in that I seriously wonder if five year olds could knock me unconscious without a foreign object? I say any 20-something guy in decent shape should be able to take at least 20. I think 30 is realistic based on the one time I met Gonores (speaking of, are those UW poker lunches still going on?). I think even 35 would be within reach. I think I could take 35.