Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Madsen Interview

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone actually knows this goofball I suggest trying to rope him into playing like a 50/100+ game at Chumash and then PMing me when it's going to happen. Ever since finding out about this kid I've done nothing but salivate at the thought of taking mountains of money from him since I have nothing better to do on weekends than to beat up on retards playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

jealousy is bad
Old 08-04-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a real thread? I'm confused by the hate considering no one knows this kid personally and he just won 1.4 million. When did you all turn into a bunch of yentas sitting around badmouthing people more successful than yourselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

that attitude is so 1.4
Old 08-04-2006, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I gather from this thread (and others about him)is the only thing that people on here would accept him saying is "I suck, I'm a total donkey, I can't believe how lucky I got"

How dare he express belief in his skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yahtzee!
Old 08-04-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone actually knows this goofball I suggest trying to rope him into playing like a 50/100+ game at Chumash and then PMing me when it's going to happen. Ever since finding out about this kid I've done nothing but salivate at the thought of taking mountains of money from him since I have nothing better to do on weekends than to beat up on retards playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

jealousy is bad

[/ QUOTE ]

qft.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:29 PM

If I ever win a tournament, I am going to milk the press big time and make up the most crazy absurd stuff possible like

"I called that one hand because I had been counting the number of hearts in the last twenty hands and there was definitely a strong likelyhood that it would come on the river."

"Often, I wont look at my cards until the turn. What I do is study all of my opponents. If I know my cards, then it will be too big of a distraction. I am confident that my reads are so strong, that my cards really dont matter. Remember, you play the man, not the cards"

"I often offer to buy people drinks at the table. It helps give me an idea how tight or agressive they will be throughout the night."

"Its important for every poker player to get used to winning and losing alot of money in short periods of time. I recommend playing high stakes black jack for practice. Make each bet 10% of your bankroll."
Old 08-04-2006, 04:33 PM

"I've watched Phil Ivey and Erick Lindgren on TV, so I pretty much know how they play"

LOLOLOLOL

-g
Old 08-04-2006, 04:48 PM

add to quote list:
"My first book was Phil Hellmuth’s Play Poker with the Pros, so I remember that one the most. It was a good one for beginners."

Btw, since he won 1.4M, does he qualify to join Antonio and his Rocks and Rings crew?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jealousy is bad

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is your point? Of course I'm jealous that some clueless moron won 1.5 million. I'm jealous of people that win the lottery and I don't even buy lottery tickets. That doesn't change the fact that I would love to play in a game with him since it's pretty clear he sucks.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:43 PM

What is this is an elaborate cover-up of his true skills? Why not make yourself seem like a donkey?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is your point? Of course I'm jealous that some clueless moron won 1.5 million. I'm jealous of people that win the lottery and I don't even buy lottery tickets. That doesn't change the fact that I would love to play in a game with him since it's pretty clear he sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly.