Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Extra Innings

The worst part about an extra-inning game is that beer sales are cut off at the end of the 7th. There needs to be some kind of provision to open those back up.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Extra Innings

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm watching the Red Sox vs. the White Sox (in the 15th inning right now), and they are showing fans sleeping, and many of them have left. My question:

Would it be better to just leave games as ties at some point?

(I think I am the only american who likes ties. I would have ties in football, and hockey (both with no overtime), but I'm not sure about baseball).

Obviously, I'm only talking about the regular season.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no! The games need an outcome. But I do agree that Major League baseball needs to do something for overtime games. It would be much better to do it like they do it in Soccer. Like something similar to deciding the World Cup on penalty kicks.

So they should have 2 extra innings max. Then if it's still tied, each team picks 5 players and 1 batting practice pitcher and they have a home run derby. Each batter gets 1 swing and the team with the most homers wins it.

This system should also be used in the World Series since the games are so late in the year, it's way too cold to play a long extra inning game. I'm sure baseball fans wouldn't mind the World Championship being decided this way. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank God...up until this point I thought you were serious! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]